Driving bus....

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
hey @StandOnIt memory serves you used to drive bus.

how hard are they to drive on icy roads......thinking of trying to get my license

any tips?

Id like to do cross country.....but I wonder if city would be easier.

cross country would be easier, but home time with family can be the problem. City bus your home every night, but hectic doesn't describe it fully. If you like chaos city is the way to go. I'm sure you have a taste of that now doing what you do.

a stressor for both is that you have to keep a schedule, that isn't going to happen every day. You probably aren't dealing with that like either of those jobs do. Let's just say some people can't deal with you being late. Some can't deal with you being on time either.:p

a stressor for both is that you have to keep a schedule, that isn't going to happen every day. You probably aren't dealing with that like either of those jobs do. Let's just say some people can't deal with you being late. Some can't deal with you being on time either.:p

thanks so much!

which did you do more of and which did you enjoy the most?

I never drove a bus cross country, I drove my semi all over the place. But some of the guys I drove the city with quit and went cross country. One guy did the tour bus thing hauling sports fans and doing long distance tours like up in Canada from Oklahoma and another drove for Greyhound. Greyhound was union and the pay was better than tour busing, but when you are new you aren't going to see home very often. Tour you have a different bunch/situation/destination almost every trip. You are on standby with Greyhound so you go where they tell you until you get some seniority and can bid on the routes.

Like many other things drivers in all occupations are being harassed in several ways as eyes are always on you as you could be stuck in traffic and they think you are taking a long lunch and you are given specific time frame you can unload and good luck if you are early or late. Bus drivers deal with hectic schedules, unruly and disrespectful passengers and you won't get rich doing it. I have no personal experience with this but what I mentioned is what people in the business have told me.

Back
Top Bottom