Duck Commander 500 @ Texas: Pre-Race Thread

PeopleAreStrange

2016 Yahoo Fantasy R-F Champion
We have arrived at that time of year where NASCAR fans tend to forget that there are two metropolis cities in D/FW, not just one like most metro areas. On a frequent basis, people tend to confuse one of these metropolis cities for another:

DFW 8.gif

I would like to remind everyone that TMS is in Fort Worth, or less specifically, the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex. :)

As for me, I will more than likely be going to the race this Sunday since my dad got tickets. Unfortunately, I am more nervous than excited. I won't be able to cheer for the driver I usually cheer for, and the race I went to last fall did not go well for me (long story) except when I got to high five Jeff before the race.

As for me, I will more than likely be going to the race this Sunday since my dad got tickets. Unfortunately, I am more nervous than excited. I won't be able to cheer for the driver I usually cheer for, and the race I went to last fall did not go well for me (long story) except when I got to high five Jeff before the race.
OK now you have got our curiosty going, Go ahead and give us the condensed version of the long story.
Just messin with you.

EVENT SCHEDULE (Sprint Cup Series)
Times are Central

Thursday, April 3
6:00pm NSCS Haulers Enter
Friday, April 4
8:00 am NSCS Garage Open
5:00 pm - 6:50pm NSCS Practice
8:30 pm NSCS Garage Closes
Saturday, April 5
8:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
9:30 - 11:00am NSCS Final Practice
2:10pm NSCS Qualifying
6:00pm NSCS Garage Closes
Sunday, April 6
8:00 am NSCS Garage Opens
12:00 pm NSCS Driver/Crew Chief Meeting
2:00pm NSCS Duck Commander 500 race

EDIT: I can't get Jayski's NW schedule to come up, but I do know that the NW race is on Friday, not Saturday.

Last edited:
Charlotte Motor Speedway is in Concord, NC and Atlanta Motor Speedway is in Hampton, GA.

Yes, Concord is a suburb of Charlotte, and Hampton is a suburb of Atlanta. Fort Worth is not a suburb of any city. Fort Worth is it's own major city with it's own suburbs (and some that it shares with Dallas). Fort Worth anchors a metro area. There's a reason that North Texas is called the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the international airport was named DFW. Even if Fort Worth had never annexed TMS, it would still be considered a part of the Fort Worth area.

Last edited:
Yes, Concord is a suburb of Charlotte, and Hampton is a suburb of Atlanta. Fort Worth is not a suburb of any city. Fort Worth is it's own major city with it's own suburbs (and some that it shares with Dallas). Fort Worth anchors a metro area. There's a reason that North Texas is called the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex, and the international airport was named DFW. Even if Fort Worth had never annexed TMS, it would still be considered a part of the Fort Worth area.
So you guys basically have a Minneapolis-St. Paul kinda thing going on.

Yes, but on a much larger scale. The downtowns of D and FW are 30 miles apart; the downtowns of M and SP are 8 miles apart.

Also, Fort Worth is larger than Minneapolis and Saint Paul combined population wise.

Exactly. Here in the midwest you occassionally run into some St. Paul resident who bathers on about how they're separate cities and how great St. Paul is and how it isn't Minneapolis.

Sorry, Dylan, to the rest of the country, Fort Worth is a Dallas suburb and no amount of convincing will change that.

And let's throw in this conversation that there is a 30% chance of rain for Sunday.:bounce:

And let's throw in this conversation that there is a 30% chance of rain for Sunday.:bounce:

We're likely going to go by all this crap on friday night or saturday morning to hit a race in ardmore. Should have just dropped the rig off on the way home from OKC.

Back
Top Bottom