Duels 1 and 2 RACE thread --- Daytona

It took me several minutes to remember the channel number for FS1. I haven't tuned to it since whatever race they last covered in 2022.

Got a pot roast in the crock pot for dinner, lets do some Thursday night Dueling

Also, I'll keep it strictly about the race after this, but incase you are wondering..
loaded tater tots from Domino's aren't anything to write home about. Not terrible, but nothing special either.

Here we go , green!

Here we goooooo

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Never know how to feel about the duels, but I still tune in whenever I can. These guys want to see how well they run together, but don't have much reason to make any crazy moves as starting position for Daytona doesn't really mean much.
Also with the days of 50-60 cars showing up for the 500 being gone, the Duels have a lost a bit of their luster of guys trying to get in

Still fun to watch actual racing at Daytona though

There has to be a rule against this because I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone do that.
As long as he's making minimum speed, what's the issue? Drivers drop back in plate races regularly. Often it's a pre-arranged group but I don't see why that would be treated differently for a single car.

Also with the days of 50-60 cars showing up for the 500 being gone, the Duels have a lost a bit of their luster of guys trying to get in

Still fun to watch actual racing at Daytona though
At least some bumping will happen not much but a little. It was always very interesting to see who made the 500 during the twin 125s and all the drama with the bump days at Indy with the high car counts or entries.

As long as he's making minimum speed, what's the issue? Drivers drop back in plate races regularly.
If I won the pole for the Daytona 500, I’m parking lap 2.

There’s no reward, just risk.

Hence why I’m wondering if there’s a rule prohibiting drivers from doing that. Surely pole sitters have thought of it.

So whats going on during the single file stuff is everybody is passing along info and making plans for the pit stop. This is the best time to relax and gauge what your car is doing.

Back
Top Bottom