DUI Texas Style!!

majestyx

Administrator
Staff member
Subject: DUI Texas Style!!!

Only a true Texan could think of this.... from the county where drunk
driving is considered a sport, comes this true story.

Recently a routine police patrol parked outside a bar in
Austin, TX .After last call, the officer noticed a man leaving the bar
so intoxicated that he could barely walk. The man stumbled
around the parking lot for a few minutes, with the officer quietly
observing.

After what seemed an eternity and trying his keys on five
different vehicles, the man managed to find his car which he fell
into. He sat there for a few minutes as a number of other patrons left the bar and drove off.

Finally he started the car, switched the wipers on and off
(it was a fine, dry summer night)-- flicked the blinkers on, then
off a couple of times, honked the horn and then switched on the lights. He moved the vehicle forward a few inches, reversed a little and then remained still for a few more minutes as some more of the other patron vehicles left.

At last, the parking lot empty, he pulled out of the parking lot and started to drive slowly down the road. The police officer, having patiently waited all this time, now started up the patrol car, put on the flashing lights, and promptly pulled the man over and carried out a Breathalyzer test.

To his amazement the Breathalyzer indicated no evidence of
the man having consumed any alcohol at all!! Dumbfounded, the
officer said, "I'll have to ask you to accompany me to the police
station. This Breathalyzer equipment must be broken".

"I doubt it," said the truly proud Cowboy. "Tonight I'm the Designated Decoy."

We Ain't all as dumb as we look!!!

Hey Maj, when I was in Texas last week I was following the uproar about the folks that were arrested at the bar because they were drunk and the cops arrested them even if they didn't get behind the wheel and drive.

What do you think of that program? I personally, was outraged.

Hopefully, that program may die a quick death, as it is an abuse of civil liberties.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8313414/detail.html

Guido said:
Hey Maj, when I was in Texas last week I was following the uproar about the folks that were arrested at the bar because they were drunk and the cops arrested them even if they didn't get behind the wheel and drive.

What do you think of that program? I personally, was outraged.

Hopefully, that program may die a quick death, as it is an abuse of civil liberties.

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/8313414/detail.html
It's a program that the TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission) is doing. It is going over like the proverbial lead balloon, too. And, it's been halted for the time being. The most that these folks can be charged with is Public Intoxication, but most are getting the cases dismissed by judges.

And, yes, I am outraged about it too.

I also heard a "joke" about a guy who had passed out at the reigns of his horse who was arrested for DUI. HE WAS PASSED OUT AND THE HORSE WAS "DRIVING".....HELLO??????

Back
Top Bottom