Duquoin

toledo47

Team Owner
On the way to the track and they announced the Southern Illinois 100 has been cancelled. that sucks

Makes the Championship battle much less interesting. Buescher is good at DuQuoin(i think he won last year). But Kimmel was the favorite for that one, if Buescher had a problem at DuQuoin or Kansas it could have made it a much closer points battle. What was ARCA thinking rescheduling it to this past weekend anyway? They have had a break with no races for a few weeks, but they schedule it less than 1 week away from Kansas? Also, why schedule it against the ARCA/CRA Winchester 400? All that could possibly do is hurt car counts for either race and the tracks arent so far apart. It would be possible for a fan to go to both if they werent on the same day... Also, i head it stopped raining in the afternoon. DuQuoin has lights (The USAC race is always a night race) . Very bad call, I'm sure Jack Roush and Chris Buescher were very pleased with ARCA's decision.

You just answered all your questions there.

It's really a shame. ARCA really disappointed me this time. I've always been very impressed about how hard ARCA always tries to get the show in. I've seen series make really stupid calls, like i showed up at Autodrome St-Eustache before, for the first NASCAR Canadian Tire Series race there, and it was like 9AM and they had already postponed the 8:30pm race til the next day. It didn't rain that whole day until like 9:30pm (so they could've made it to halfway. Then the next day it rained and moved to another weeekend... Never experienced ARCA doing any calls that bad. And about DuQuoin's bad weather forecast, i felt sure ARCA would run the race on Monday if they had to, i never thought they would cancel a race like that. Seems pretty minor league to me to be cancelling big events like that. And they could say "if we ran it on Monday it would leave teams with no time to get to Kansas". But why did they have to schedule it the weekend before Kansas? And why did they have to make the call at 7 or 8am? Everyone was already there, all the teams spent the money transporting cars and crew members, what a waste. There was only 1 team(#17) in DuQuoin that day that was okay with that call. I've always been scared about going to World of Outlaws races that are too far from home because they so often cancel races that are scheduled to start at 9pm, cancelling them at 9am and wasting my time. Never thought i would have to worry about that with ARCA. I'd drive 10+ hours for ARCA races that have terrible forecasts. I guess in the future if an ARCA race forecast looks shakey i'll know to stay home and not give them my ticket money and time. K&N Pro Series and Canadian Tire Series have never completely cancelled a show like that. I considered those series equal, but now its Canadian Tire Series & K&N Pro Series>ARCA Racing series for me.

Not enough real race fans out there. If a NASCAR Truck or Nationwide race would be cancelled like this i imagine the outrage would be huge. ARCA cancels and nobody cares. These series really should have a much larger fanbase, people are too closed minded and have to have their races with big cup stars or they wont bother to care about it. I'm fairly new to being a race fan(went to my first races in 2005). When i started watching the races on tv(in 2004), i started with Cup and Busch, then wanted more racing so i checked out the Trucks. Watched Speed more and found Hooters Pro Cup, ARCA, and CASCAR. I couldnt get enough racing, i dont understand why most race fans limit themselves to a few series and ingore all lower divisions..

Not enough real race fans out there. If a NASCAR Truck or Nationwide race would be cancelled like this i imagine the outrage would be huge. ARCA cancels and nobody cares. These series really should have a much larger fanbase, people are too closed minded and have to have their races with big cup stars or they wont bother to care about it. I'm fairly new to being a race fan(went to my first races in 2005). When i started watching the races on tv(in 2004), i started with Cup and Busch, then wanted more racing so i checked out the Trucks. Watched Speed more and found Hooters Pro Cup, ARCA, and CASCAR. I couldnt get enough racing, i dont understand why most race fans limit themselves to a few series and ingore all lower divisions..
ARCA doesn't even attempt to increase their fanbase.

ARCA doesn't even attempt to increase their fanbase.
Kind of hard to increase the fanbase when half of the "race fans" arent interested in a race with no Junior or Kyle Busch. I know a lot of people around the Greenville area, and i have tried to talk so many people into going to the K&N Races there. A lot of these people claim to be race fans, but have zero interest in the K&N races. Can't increase the fanbase if people are completely unwilling to even look at the product, even if they are informed of it. I got one guy to go(huge dirt LM fan), he watches some of the NASCAR stuff on TV, but had no real interest in going to NASCAR races. He went to the K&N race and he was really impressed and wants to go to more K&N races. Race fans in general are too narrow minded about going to some of the smaller professional stock car series.

Kind of hard to increase the fanbase when half of the "race fans" arent interested in a race with no Junior or Kyle Busch. I know a lot of people around the Greenville area, and i have tried to talk so many people into going to the K&N Races there. A lot of these people claim to be race fans, but have zero interest in the K&N races. Can't increase the fanbase if people are completely unwilling to even look at the product, even if they are informed of it. I got one guy to go(huge dirt LM fan), he watches some of the NASCAR stuff on TV, but had no real interest in going to NASCAR races. He went to the K&N race and he was really impressed and wants to go to more K&N races. Race fans in general are too narrow minded about going to some of the smaller professional stock car series.

Yet there are short tracks all over the country that fill up every single weekend.

Yet there are short tracks all over the country that fill up every single weekend.
usually when ive been to a short track with just local races most of the crowd appears to be family/friends of drivers. ARCA has a really good product with low prices, usually isnt promoted well, although Rockingham tried to promote it pretty well from what i could tell. Any NASCAR fans i know just wont give it a chance.

Oh yeah i also like how they lied in their press release about the most recent cancelled race. They said it was 1990. i guess they forgot about Cayuga a few years ago which was cancelled less than 1 month before the race. That one was the fault of a terrible promoter, not ARCA, but it still happened.

Back
Top Bottom