DW BACK WITH TIDE

P

PettyBenson

in the pre-race they unveiled DW's truck for the IRP race and well he's back in ol T-I-D-E sweet looking truck and Ricky Craven is going to drive his tide ride with the same paint job that DW used back in 1989.

GO DW!!!!!!!!!

A lot of us are missing all that PettyB!! Stupid LA/St.Louis game on now.........extra innings!! Bottom of 9th......looks like FOX is gonna stay with the game too!! Too tight of programming scheduling!!:mad:

Ya I saw that To Petty Benson, it was kind of cool. I was wishing when DW ran his 1st truck race that he would have had that sponser, it is nice to see him back in a Tide ride again.

It will be nice to see DW locked into a padded cell for eternity.

Too bad the TIDE ride is worthless with DW in it.

What do you have agaisnt DW paul. i don't think he has ever done anything bad to deserve all the harsh things that you and many other people say about him

Glad to see DW back for another truck race. I think he'll run well, if the truck doesn't blow up underneath him this time.

Thats right Paul...If im not mistaken back in 85 DW won the points championship and at the end of the race blew up his engine by shifting into 1st or something like that. That is not the only incident either.

Then there was some incident where he just floored it and T-boned a parked car with the driver in it on the driver's side.

Something like that.

566008_7_1.jpg

Well heres a look at DW's ride!!!

566014_7_1.jpg

There is a look at rickys ride its not that good of a shot but the best i could find both pictures are from allwaltrip.com

If you say so Paul. I haven't seen him do anything like that in the past 10 years or so, so I'm not going to sit here and hold that against him. I respect as a racer and look forward to seeing him in another truck race.

You have to wait for the pictures to load, i didn't see anything at first either.

The paint scheme that Craven will be running looks butt-ugly when compared to the current one. It's just so...plain, and old.

stridsberry, It doesn't look that much different to me. It's a bright orange car that has Tide on it, how much can they possibly change it. lol.

rpmallen, the current Tide paint scheme is a lot more complex, with the red color added, and the little spray marks all over. It looks really cool. The old-style paint scheme is really plain when compared to that. It only has the three colors, and it's just solid "block" from section to section, with no real variation. I really don't like it all that much, plus I think the number looks wierd when plastered against it. I can't really explain why, t just does.

I belive there have been many dirtier drivers than DW. I have never seen DW do anything that was all that dirty yes i know i was not able to see most of the races in his heydays but from all the replays,stories, articlas, and TV shows about DW i have never heard of him wrecking many people on purpose and i don't think he would T-bone anyone either, that you would still hear about today. DW was a good NASCAr champion and is a great TV cometator. Like it or not.

You need to know the facts.

I think it was the 1978 Talladega race...Lennie Pond won the race and when Pond was driving slowly down pit road to victory lane, DW came flying down pit raod and creamed the guys car into a wall, destroying it so that it would be unable to go into victory lane.

Just because you have read about stuff in articles or whatnot doesn't mean it's not true.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy."

Then there was the time where DW won a race, I mean won the race...literally spanked the field by an incredible distance.

As soon as he crossed the finish line he blew his car to smithereens. Probably just had a button in there called "Self Destruct" and pressed it so that no one would know what he had in there.

Originally posted by paul
Then there was the time where DW won a race, I mean won the race...literally spanked the field by an incredible distance.

As soon as he crossed the finish line he blew his car to smithereens.  Probably just had a button in there called "Self Destruct" and pressed it so that no one would know what he had in there.

Paul that may have been the race that i was talking about. If it was, he needed the win to ensure his points championship over Bill Elliott. At the very end his engine suddenly blew up...

Long time to hold a grudge Paul. 1978, that's only, what, 24 years ago, I'm sure he hasn't changed at all since then. There have been a couple other drivers with "dirty" pasts, I wonder if you hold grudges against them too.

stridsberry, I mostly just joking with you, but after looking at both paint schemes, I'm left with the same conclusion. I'm not seeing this red color added anywhere, I see three colors: orange, yellow, and white. The Tide logo is a bit different and the number on the side is just white, as opposed to the current blue on yellow, which makes the car look more plain. Essentially it is the same car.

rpm, I said he was one of the dirtiest drivers. You disputed that.

What is it that you're disputing now? You had a pretty good opportunity here to say "Wow, you're right. I didn't know about those things. I guess he was a dirty driver".

What years am I able to use in my examples? If I were saying that Fireball Roberts was a dirty driver (which he wasn't), would I not be able to use examples from when he was a driver because it was a long time ago?

Darrell Waltrip used to get all the boos in driver introductions!

In fact he was the only one that got any response from the crowds back then!

1978 yeah thats a loing time to hold a gruge. DW is now a good guy and i still don't belive that happened but if you can prove it. the race DW blew up right after the win was the first ever Winston race and i think he blew up coming out of turn 4 but was far ahead to stil be able to win the thing.i don't think he could have had a self destucrt motor but who knows its was a hendricks car.

DW was definately known as being a rough driver in his first 5 years or so in Nascar !!!

Anyone remember the race (I think it was the rock) When Big E took out DW on the last lap for the win? DW's car was a total wreck!!!

So, you asked me why I thought he was a dirty driver, I gave you some examples. Now you hold that against me?

What sense does that make?

Originally posted by paul
Then there was some incident where he just floored it and T-boned a parked car with the driver in it on the driver's side.  

Something like that.
when and where and why?

If intentionally hitting a car after a race makes you a dirty driver, is Tony Stewart, Robby Gordon, and Rusty Wallace dirty?

Yup.

See, it's not that hard to admit your favorite driver has faults.

Maybe if more people did it, there would be less fighting. But some people need to put their drivers up on pedestals.

But there are different levels of dirty driving. And anyone that knows a damn about NASCAR knows that DW was one of the dirtiest.

Back
Top Bottom