E.T. Bracket Racing vs. Heads Up Racing

B

beansandrice

What are everyone's thoughts here on the topic of E.T. Bracket Drag Racing (faster cars are handicapped) versus Heads Up Drag Racing (fastest car wins)?

I'm more of an E.T. Bracket guy (namely because my car just doesn't have the brute power -it handles good though). My buddies like a heads up race.

So give me your vote? Bracket Racing or No?

Nice question and something that I've forgotten all about. I was a drag racing fan when top speeds were in the neighborhood of 150 mph. What a difference today is. It's my understanding that ET racing came about because of the cost of drag racing. There was a great need to get more cars involved in the racing and ET brackets made it possible for guys and gals in the family sedan to compete with those classified cars. Personally, I prefer to see heads up racing, but with true dragsters. I do understand that today, many if not most ET racing involves cars that are built for racing only, but they are no longer classified. I would much rather see something like a B Altered Coupe race another B Altered Coupe than a souped up Nova take on a rail dragster. Just something about that that doesn't compute with me. Put Novas against Novas and railers against railers. Just my opinion and you asked for it. :)

Back
Top Bottom