early 1960s

W

WindyCityRacer

Anyone know of a NASCAR site that has lots of pictures of early cars/races from 1960-1962/3? Not having much finding one so far...

Try Jimmies Old time Racing Photos
"www.angelfire.com/wv/racerjim/extra1.html "
You should be able to find some pic there, if not then e-mail Jimmie he'll know where they are.

Tiny can hook you up with some great pics! The same Tiny that posts all the TV times. He is a retired photographer and has an awesome portfolio. I'll dig thru my bookmarked sites and find his homepage. He has over 150 of his pics in an album in the Photo Gallery at racingpress.com

WindyCity racer, If there is a specific car you are looking for my husband knows a lot of great reference sites, he is a 1/24-25 scale model builder and uses those types of site often. He did the Lorenzen 63 Ford Galaxy, the Roberts 57 Chevy from his 1958 season, and the Pearson 59 Chevy Biscayne from his 1960 season. He has offered his help but says it is easier to find what you are looking for with more specific details.

Kel

Thanks for the links...still no luck finding what I'm looking for.

I'm actually looking for pics of early 1960s Impalas or Chevys. Not sure who drove them so Tiny's list isn't really that helpful.

I own a 60 Impala (as of July) and have wondered what it looked like in race trim.

This may be real close....this is Pearson's 59 Chevy (This is my husband's reproduction of that car)

7.JPG

and this one of Rex White's 1960 entry into the World 600

60crew.jpg

Kel

Ah Yes remember them well. Look at those beauties and isn't it amazing they never complained about areo push.

Sweet!!! Now...where to find more shots of them. I'm surprised there aren't more historical NASCAR reference sites out there...

Yeah...apparently the back end used to get really light at speed on the 59 and 60 chevys (because of the wings I'm guessing)

"Windy City Racers a.k.a. COBRHA Killers"

I love it!!! One of my partners recently wrote "Rat Killer" on the valve covers of my latest small block Ford...think I'll get it engraved....gotta laugh.

Windsor

Bump...still no luck finding anymore pictures on the web. I even went so far as to e-mail the folks at RACETORATIONS and was told I'd probably have to purchase some vintage footage... :(

Heheh...WCR is the name of an online racing league I run. We challenged another league awhile back "COBRHA" and beat them...

Back
Top Bottom