Earning Points for the Man.

H

HardScrabble

Manufacturer that is.

So far it's a Chevy - Ford show for the manufacturer's title. Chevy holds a one point lead over Ford currently at 61 vs 60 points. Dodge and Pontiac are nip and tuck for the third spot at 39 and 38 points respectively.

Who's racking up the counters for their manufacturer so far.

No surprise to find Jr leads the Chevy crowd having earned 21 points for the bowtie badge.

Ya might expect Matt to lead the Blue Oval bunch, but no that distinction belongs to Kurt Busch, also at 21 points so far.

No surprise now, but who woulda thunk it before the season started, the Poncho's are kind of a one man show so far as Ricky Craven has banked 25 of the 38 markers for the wide-trackers.

Ryan Newman leads the MoPar crowd at 13 points, but kinda surprising is to find Sterling right on his heels with 11.

The Chevy Folks:

Dale Earnhardt, Jr ----- 21
Bobby Labonte ----- 15
Michael Waltrip ----- 13
Jeff Gordon ----- 9
Jimmie Johnson ----- 3

Total ----- 61

The Ford Folks:

Kurt Busch ----- 21
Matt Kenseth ----- 15
Dale Jarrett ----- 9
Elliott Sadler ----- 6
Jeff Burton ----- 6
Mark Martin ----- 3

Total ----- 60

The Dodge Boys:

Ryan Newman ----- 13
Sterling Marlin ----- 11
Jeremy Mayfield ----- 4
Jamie McMurray ----- 4
Jimmie Spencer ----- 4
Bill Elliott ----- 3

Total ----- 39

The Wide Trackers:

Ricky Craven ----- 25
Johnny Benson ----- 6
Jerry Nadeau ----- 4
Jack Sprague ----- 3

Total ----- 38

Manufacturers points are awarded on a 9 , 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 basis.

Since there are only four manufacturers it works out to 9, 6, 4, 3 this season.

Only the top finishing car for each manufacturer earns points. In other words if the finishing order shows Chevy, Ford, Chevy, Pontiac, Ford, Dodge, etc...

The first Chevy would have earned 9 points, the first Ford 6 points. the first Pontiac 4 points, and the first Dodge 3 points. Those in between earn no points.

As far as the drivers go there is no official standing for this, it does not matter in the drivers standings at all, except maybe how happy the manufacturer is with any particular driver.

Thanks hardscrabble, I didn't think the individual drivers got any thing.

So what bar did they think up the points for this ranking system?

I follow the manufacturers race as close as the title chase.

The incredible thing to me is Craven in that Pontiac!I had wrote Pontiac off as the next Merc,Olds or Buick.Kinda glad to see Ricky keeping them around!

My old Dad,a true Mopar fan,is amazed that the Dodge's arent dominating by now!Pretty far behind the big Two.Penske and Ryan are Dodge's best hope for a long time to come,imo.

Go Blue Oval! :)

Wow, i never really paid any attention, but now that i know how it works it seems a lot more interesting, go dodge!
does anyone know the manufacturers standings for trucks?

Back
Top Bottom