Edwards Gets Award

paul

Team Owner
This just in from the Castrol Honda WSC team:

Colin Edwards II collected a surprise award on Sunday evening after his double win at the Oschersleben circuit in Germany.

The Castrol Honda rider was presented with a commemorative decanter by team manager Neil Tuxworth for notching up the team's 50th World Superbike win _ in the day¹s opening race.

Edwards also set a number of new records and reached a number of milestones with his performance in Germany, his achievements included:

His fifth successive win of the year The 50th (and 51st) win for Castrol Honda The 99th and 100th win in World Superbike for the USA A record 21st consecutive podium finish (previous record = 12) Equalling a record 21 podiums in one year (set by Doug Polen in 1991) Moving to joint second in the all time wins tally for World Superbike (sharing 27 wins with Doug Polen)

The decanter presented to Edwards was engraved with details of Castrol Honda's 50 wins, it read:

Colin Edwards 26 (1998 - 2002)

Aaron Slight 11 (1995 - 1998)

John Kocinski 9 (1997)

Carl Fogarty 4 (1996)

Edwards said: "I'm not big on statistics, but this made me realize what we've achieved in my five years with Castrol Honda. It¹s great for me that I get all the glory but without the team behind me I'm going absolutely nowhere, so it's them I have to thank."

http://www.amasuperbike.com/2002-Sep/020901e.htm

Back
Top Bottom