Edwards retiring

Magnethead

Admin & Resident Techie
Staff member
Maybe @Nitro Dude knows more, but seeing elsewhere that Chris McGaha has bought Mike Edwards' entire operation. Edwards' 2 engine builders were stolen by Shane Gray Motorsports and he had minimal sponsorship.

Chris flew down to North Carolina just before Thanksgiving and purchased Mikes whole operation. They have been moving everything to Chris's race shop in Odessa Tx. Chris is looking for a crew chief and is planning on running the full Nhra tour in 2014. I heard that Mike got chris's dodge pro stock car out of the deal and may run it some in 2014. But, that part is hear say.

Chris flew down to North Carolina just before Thanksgiving and purchased Mikes whole operation. They have been moving everything to Chris's race shop in Odessa Tx. Chris is looking for a crew chief and is planning on running the full Nhra tour in 2014. I heard that Mike got chris's dodge pro stock car out of the deal and may run it some in 2014. But, that part is hear say.
Sure seems like a lopsided deal, like they did a 100% change of places....I guess Mike's shoulder was part of the deal?

Sorry for the first post, new account and all, but as someone who works for Chris(not on the race team, at Southwest Performance), and is currently sitting about four feet away from him, watching How It's Made, I can say the second part is not true. They are, however, selling all of the Dodge stuff right now.

Sorry for the first post, new account and all, but as someone who works for Chris(not on the race team, at Southwest Performance), and is currently sitting about four feet away from him, watching How It's Made, I can say the second part is not true. They are, however, selling all of the Dodge stuff right now.
One of my favorite shows, I have it on, they'r making cultured diamonds.

Just ate a salami sandwich, now It's time to go get back in the deer stand and get a nap while Bambi senior gives me the finger. :D

Welcome, and thank's for clearing that up. I couldn't figure out why Mike would have wanted another car. I hope everything got moved to Odessa with no problems and i hope Chris has a good season this year.

Welcome, and thank's for clearing that up. I couldn't figure out why Mike would have wanted another car. I hope everything got moved to Odessa with no problems and i hope Chris has a good season this year.
Everything made it fine from the shop in NC. It was a bit of a PITA unloading it, and trying to get everything organized over the Holidays, but we've been getting it done.

We are all excited down here in Odessa, and it's nice to finally see Chris with a Chevy, being a hardcore Chevy guy with a Mopar just didn't suit him, lol.

Everything made it fine from the shop in NC. It was a bit of a PITA unloading it, and trying to get everything organized over the Holidays, but we've been getting it done.

We are all excited down here in Odessa, and it's nice to finally see Chris with a Chevy, being a hardcore Chevy guy with a Mopar just didn't suit him, lol.
I'm glad to hear that the move was a success, i have been involved in moving from one shop to another, and that was just across the srtreet, so i can only imagine how tough it would be to move with that amount of distance. I don't know very many of the pro stock teams personally other then saying hi when we are all staying at the same hotel, but you guys have one of the toughest classes on the tour and i really have a whole lot of respect for how much power you get out of a naturally aspirated engine and how much performance you get out of your cars. Good luck this year.

Back
Top Bottom