Elliott Penalty

Ruh-roh!

Not a good season for HMS so far.

When it rains, it pours.

Just goes to show of what desperation is for Hendrick to try to play catchup at this point in time. The car is not that great, but penalties like this will not help their case come playoff time.

Chase is going to need to win this year.

That's twice in 4 races they've been cucumbered. Seems like every time Chase has had any kind of speed, he's gotten a penalty.

This is so damn frustrating

It's going to be one of those years. He won't win. Enjoy the laugh everyone.

Not with that attitude he won't.:D

It is what it is man, just Elliott fans and HMS fans have taken a lick so far.

Jaime Mac will get penalized in some form or fashion. It would be transparent, at least IMHO.

McMurray went unscathed at R&D with that front window of his? He finished 3rd...
Also not the only car with flexi lexi

2 L1s in 7 races. Team needs to do better. It might be good for Alan to be off the box. That ******* has trouble counting pace laps.

McMurray went unscathed at R&D with that front window of his? He finished 3rd...

I’m sure he’ll get dinged too. It’s amplified with the 9 team right now because they are on NASCAR’s **** list. Third L1 penalty going back to the end of last season.

Can’t pull this crap when you have a target on your back at R&D.

As much as I want to :lol2:, I really don't like this. Penalizing drivers after they've cleared post-race tech doesn't sit well with me. Unless they decided after post-race tech that there was a reason for it.

It was flat out stupid to even try it after the 4 had already gotten dinged for the same thing. What if he had actually won, or finished in the top 3? This same thing happens and it all gets negated. Your only chance at succeeding with something like this would have been to finish 4th or 5th and not get randomly chosen for the wind tunnel test. Small odds.

I'm one of the few that really likes Alan and I don't think this reflects poorly on him as much as it just points to how far behind the Chevy's are right now and how much they're trying to scrape out every ounce of speed possible. They need to hire some brighter engineering minds if this is what it takes to get speed though.

Nascar didn't miss McMurray's windshield. If something wasn't according to the current specs he would get dinged also. But I bet another page in the rule book about windshield is being written.
Just like NASCAR not missing the call on the #4 team

As much as I want to :lol2:, I really don't like this. Penalizing drivers after they've cleared post-race tech doesn't sit well with me. Unless they decided after post-race tech that there was a reason for it.

The R&D center is part of the inspection process. Why is this so difficult to accept? People who bemoan this either seem to want violations to not be penalized, or they want hasty decisions to be made on the evening of the race, which is just asking for a major mistake to be made.

Btw, does anyone believe ol' Rodney's claim now that the 4's window brace just happened to fail? ;)

I talked about how gullible those who believed him were at the time. If anyone still does, I almost admire that kind of stubborn resolve. Almost. There does exist the possibility that these braces are "failing" to a greater degree than preferred.

It was flat out stupid to even try it after the 4 had already gotten dinged for the same thing. What if he had actually won, or finished in the top 3? This same thing happens and it all gets negated. Your only chance at succeeding with something like this would have been to finish 4th or 5th and not get randomly chosen for the wind tunnel test. Small odds.

It only gets wiped out in regards to the stupid playoffs. Who cares about that? Chase just needs to win. If they’re going to cheat I’d rather it result in parking the NAPA Chevy in victory lane. Getting an L1 penalty for an 11th place finish is even more stupid.

I agree with the rest though.

Nobody is cleared post race until the RD center says so. I understand what you are saying though, but more then likely what happened is they saw it but felt better suited to examine it more in Charlotte.

It only gets wiped out in regards to the stupid playoffs. Who cares about that? Chase just needs to win. If they’re going to cheat I’d rather it result in parking the NAPA Chevy in victory lane. Getting an L1 penalty for an 11th place finish is even more stupid.

He loses points, thats why they care.

Nobody is cleared post race until the RD center says so. I understand what you are saying though, but more then likely what happened is they saw it but felt better suited to examine it more in Charlotte.

Which is definitely the right approach at this level. If NASCAR caves to this pressure of they must call penalties on race day, it is only a matter of time until they rush to announce a penalty they have to later rescind or lose on appeal.

Then Chase's 1 career win comes at a result of cheating and that becomes the narrative surrounding him instead of all of the other current ones. Might as well stay at 0, I can't even fathom how annoying the comments would be in that scenario.

This is so damn frustrating

It's going to be one of those years. He won't win. Enjoy the laugh everyone.
Exactly. I'm all out of rational replies. I was on verge of giving up on NASCAR because I didn't have a favorite driver. His rookie Nationwide series gave me hope and got me back into it. It's been disappointment after disappointment since. Even if he does break through now, it will be under a cloud of doubt after all these penalties.

one of the stupidest comments I have heard lately was said by Ricky Cravens and parroted by a few every since. You give these teams an inch and they take a mile. Saying anything goes on the track but pass post race track inspection? They would make F-1 techno B.S. look like Saturday night at Bubbas track. Give them a week and they would have the car shrinking here, stretching there, and fly by wire down the straights and passing inspection afterwards.

Unplug the siren.
siren.jpg

I'm one of the top couple Elliott fans on here, and it doesn't bother me one bit. Do the crime, do the time. I didn't believe Childers' BS about the brace breaking, and I don't believe Gustafson either. The truly sad part is having an illegal car and STILL being a good bit off the winning pace. THAT'S what bothers me. :(

I'm a engineering geek, I love really sharp pictures of a car at speed to see what is going on. It's a whole bunch of little things now days. Look at the hood wrinkle right above the headlight on the left side of the car right by the circle R.
DagqKPhXkAE93aA.jpg:large

I'm a engineering geek, I love really sharp pictures of a car at speed to see what is going on. It's a whole bunch of little things now days. Look at the hood wrinkle right above the headlight on the left side of the car right by the circle R.
Unsupported section of carbon fibre at high velocity.

The saddest part is that NASCAR would benefit greatly from Elliott winning. Maybe he’s like Jr in that they know he’ll be really popular either way...

Racing people started doing such things about 15 minutes after the first ever race was run.

Lying is a basic element of rules shading.

Nice picture :cheers:

Racing people started doing such things about 15 minutes after the first ever race was run.

True. I had a chance to talk to a former CC this week. He said they’d show up to Daytona with at least 8 things wrong with the car. Tech would catch 4, scold them, and they’d fix it with a stern “don’t bring that back again!” He said they’d walk away grinning because they didn’t find the 4 they really wanted to keep on it.

not going back to the Rosetta stone, but I am disappointed that whoever designed GM's Nascar didn't do a better job of it. They unloaded slow at Atlanta, and haven't improved hardly at all.

Back
Top Bottom