Elliott Sadler 2000 Michigan Flip

TheJester

Put it out
Just saw a clip from a recent Dale Jr Download of Elliott Sadler talking about how NASCAR is hiding the footage of his Michigan practice flip from 2000. He said that they showed him the footage that day and his car was a car length above the catch fence. There is some onboard footage on YouTube which looks like he wasn’t that high but some think that footage might’ve been tampered with by NASCAR. Not sure why else they’d hide the footage unless it really was that bad.

Just saw a clip from a recent Dale Jr Download of Elliott Sadler talking about how NASCAR is hiding the footage of his Michigan practice flip from 2000. He said that they showed him the footage that day and his car was a car length above the catch fence. There is some onboard footage on YouTube which looks like he wasn’t that high but some think that footage might’ve been tampered with by NASCAR. Not sure why else they’d hide the footage unless it really was that bad.

Hidden/erased, not tampered with. They did the same with Jeff Gordon's on-board at Las Vegas in 2009, that's been confirmed by Gordon. His head went so far forward even with the HANS device they considered it too disturbing.

This has never been confirmed as far as I'm aware, but there's certainly more footage of Elliot Sadler's crash at Pocono that they elected not to show. In the singular shot of him hitting the wall the camera clearly starts to zoom out/pan to follow him but it cuts out. Also, cameras were already pointed at Kurt Busch there's no way they at least don't have footage of Sadler coming back up onto the track in the background.

I don't complain though. I'd rather have NASCAR be on the conservative end of footage of bad crashes. Whelden's fatal crash they showed a dozen replays live on network TV when it was obvious that there would be driver(s) injured or killed from that crash.

I still am trying to adjust to the Dale Earnhardt Junior clone that they had to deploy after Talladega.

Hidden/erased, not tampered with. They did the same with Jeff Gordon's on-board at Las Vegas in 2009, that's been confirmed by Gordon. His head went so far forward even with the HANS device they considered it too disturbing.

This has never been confirmed as far as I'm aware, but there's certainly more footage of Elliot Sadler's crash at Pocono that they elected not to show. In the singular shot of him hitting the wall the camera clearly starts to zoom out/pan to follow him but it cuts out. Also, cameras were already pointed at Kurt Busch there's no way they at least don't have footage of Sadler coming back up onto the track in the background.

I don't complain though. I'd rather have NASCAR be on the conservative end of footage of bad crashes. Whelden's fatal crash they showed a dozen replays live on network TV when it was obvious that there would be driver(s) injured or killed from that crash.
Well no there is actual onboard footage of the crash but based on that footage it doesn’t look like he’s that high at all. The nose of the car is practically touching the ground when it starts to blowover.

Back
Top Bottom