Elliott Sadler to retire following 2018 Season

Would be nice to see him go out on top. Was so close to winning it all the last couple years.

And I definitely do not want to see Bayne in that ride next year.

I figured this was coming based on some of the rumors. He is very active with his kids, even coaching their ball teams. He's not using the typical "spend more time with family" that a lot of these people uses. He really does it.

He's turned into a diva now in days.

Still, Elloitt did a great job carving a niche for himself though post Cup days. He's been a great measuring stick in Xfinity against the younger guys and has been competitive from the jump. He should be happy and he's done a great job.

I still remember that first win at Bristol for him. I think we all hoped for a lot more, but he's had a solid career overall and should be happy with what he's accomplished.

Noah Gragson or Stewart Friesen to the 1 car.

Been rumors of Trevor Bayne and Advocare headed to that ride. Guess we’ll see.

Hope Elliott can win the championship before he hangs em up.

I am not surprised , but give him respect for doing it so he can devote more time to his kids.

Yes, Sadler came off as very bitter towards the end, specifically the last year and this year. Anytime a younger driver dare race him he seems to throw a fit or run into them. Not a bad career...but adios.

OneMain is some good money so I imagine JRM will get another underwhelming driver with money like Bayne, but it'll keep another good car out there.

Guy has driven for top Xfinity team sthe past 8 years and hasnt wn a title. He's really not as good as he thinks he is

Maybe I'm being too mean but the whole Ryan Preec ething bugged me, even in January he wa still complaining about it

Yes, Sadler came off as very bitter towards the end, specifically the last year and this year. Anytime a younger driver dare race him he seems to throw a fit or run into them. Not a bad career...but adios.

OneMain is some good money so I imagine JRM will get another underwhelming driver with money like Bayne, but it'll keep another good car out there.
I think Sadler is gone because ONEMAIN is changing their sponsorship dollars away from any one car/driver.

Maybe I'm being too mean but the whole Ryan Preec ething bugged me, even in January he wa still complaining about it

Yeah it REALLY bugged me too, and Sadler drives for the team I support. I thought under the circumstances he was being unreasonable, and the fact that after having some time to calm down he STILL was whining about it really disappointed me. I suspect he knew that was his last best chance to win a title, and he just watched it slip away, but it got away because William Byron drove his A** off, not because Preece held up Elliott.

I wanna feel bad that Elliott is leaving, but after the whole Preece incident, hopefully he gets the title this year and peaces out for good. I lost a lot of respect for him with that. Guess Elliott forgot the 18 TEAM was outrunning him the whole season.

Back
Top Bottom