Elliott Sadler to the 28? Predictions...

T

trish

How will Elliott Sadler perform in the 28 car? Will he do better than Rudd? Will he do worse? He wanted a big time ride to show his stuff, so what do you think he's got?

No...I've just been wondering what's so great about Elliott S. Want to see what other have to say. Sorry, I should have clarified that.

But my opinion, which is worth squat, is that Rudd will be out.

That's my opinion too, but watch for Kenny Schrader in the #28.

I think Sadler could do some good in a decent ride.

I haven't seen anything official yet on the 28 car and until ( as they say) Rudd kicks over that first domino who knows.:)

Whoah, Kenny Shrader in the 28?! That would be a killer ride for him. If Elliott doesn't get it (which I suspect he will), it would be great to see Kenny get a shot. He's had the worst luck lately. He deserves to be in a good, consistent car.

Although, I'd prefer it if Rudd stayed. :satisfied

IMO, Schrader won't be in the 28. Age. Yates wants multi-year tranquility. Sadler can provide that. Nothing against Kenny, he's a true warrior. I also think Sadler has got a Yates ride all but sown up. It may or may not be car #28, but it'll be on a par with the 88. If/when that happens, I give him a season to get the team chemistry right, then I look for him to be a top 10 points man. Sadler can drive, folks. The Woods, like a few others, are what I would call opportunists. They suck about a third of the time, run 15 - 25 about a third, and compete about a third, with a legitimate shot at maybe one or two a year. Given that, Sadler does his part. To illustrate, ya gotta figure that Jeff Gordon is a legitimate contender what, 90% of the time? Elliott is a contender maybe 5%. If Sadler wins one in five he has a real shot at, it would be like Jeff winning seven a year, which he has certainly done before. The talent is there, ladies gentlemen and Junior fans (just had to stick that in there :D ). Put Sadler in a top notch car and I think he will surprise some people.

I think that Sadler will go to the third RYR car and Rudd will stay just one more year in the 28.

Well, looks like we might know soon, saw this in a TR article by Poole:

Rudd has said he wants to know if returning to his Robert Yates Racing team is an option by Monday so that other options he's considering won't be gone before he might need to take advantage of one.

Rudd did say he has read reports that his demands for a high salary could be the sticking point in negotiations with Yates.

"Let me just lay that to rest right now," Rudd said. "I have asked for driver compensation that is fair for anybody in the top 10. …I haven't asked for a Winston Cup championship salary, I've asked for a salary that is equal to the average in the top 10 in points. I don't think that's the sticking point. There are other issues, some of which I don't understand."

i would love to see schrader in the 28!

i'm afraid if he goes to the petty's (that's just a rumor too of course), he won't be any better off than he is now. i'm not knocking the petty's. i like kyle and am really glad they're doing better this year.

but the 28 would be so cool for kenny:)

Back
Top Bottom