Elliott to make first road course start of the season

#17D500winner

PLYMOUTH, Wis. – Coming off an ARCA Racing Series victory at Pocono Raceway, Chase Elliott will make his first road course start of the season in the ARCA event this Saturday at Road America. The race marks the first of three road course starts Elliott will make this season.

Elliott kicked off his inaugural trip to Road America on Thursday with a round of much-needed testing at the 4.048-mile track.

“There’s a lot to this track,” Elliott said. “With it being so big, that means there’s a lot of places to mess up. I’m nowhere near where I need to be yet, but hopefully by the end of today’s test we’ll be close.”

While the driver of the No. 9 Aaron’s Dream Machine/Hendrickcars.com Chevrolet turned his first laps at the road course Thursday morning, he wasn’t a complete stranger to the course. Prior to the test, Elliott used iRacing, an online racing simulated game, to get a feel for the 14 turns before he arrived.

“iRacing was helpful in prepping for today because I had a feel for what was coming next,” Elliott said. There’s a couple of blind corners, so I had an idea of the space between that corner to the next one and where my braking zones need to be. I think that helped a little bit, but it’s obviously not going to simulate exactly what’s going on when you’re on-track.”

This is the first race weekend at Road America for both Elliott and his crew chief Lance McGrew. The duo picked up a runner-up result in the ARCA road course event at New Jersey Motorsports Park last July and hope to continue finding road course success.

"Getting time on track in New Jersey helped,” Elliott said. “We don’t do road racing a lot, only once or twice a year, and it requires a whole different skill-set that can only be honed on the track.”

The 40-lap ARCA Racing Series event at Road America will take place on Saturday, June 22 at 1:45 p.m. ET.

More info at www.chaseelliott.com

I already know who is gonna win that race. Andrew Ranger, he is the master of ARCA/K&N/Canadian Tire road races. Elliot and Blaney will probably have better cars but it shouldnt matter.

Ranger is is the driver to beat, IMO.

Elliott Fastest in practice...http://www.arcaracing.com/news.php?contentid=15678

(ELKHART LAKE, Wisconsin – June 21, 2013) – The last time the ARCA Racing Series presented by Menards ran on a road course, Andrew Ranger passed Chase Elliott on the last lap for the victory.
During Friday's practice session at Road America in advance of Saturday's SCOTT 160, Elliott and Ranger were the two fastest cars and will be among the favorites when Menards Pole Qualifying presented by Ansell takes place at 9:05 a.m. Saturday.

http://timing1.arcaracing.com/

Even though ARCA doesn't matter, I sure wish this race was televised as there are some good young drivers in this one.

Ranger, Dillon, Elliott, Blaney starting 1-2-3-4. Buescher starting 6th

I don't get the reference
Don't worry about it, I'm making it up. I also hack peoples accounts and make posts such as the examples below

http://racing-forums.com/threads/chase-elliott.32647/

http://racing-forums.com/threads/snowball-derby-today-listen-live.39794/#post-473271

Pay particular attention to this one as it's one of my finest. But again, is just me making **** up :oops:

http://racing-forums.com/threads/the-rookie-crop.35621/#post-402780

flipflop111.jpg

Alright, I look around a little. I guess it was referring to this:
ARCA success means nothing. And I like Parker Kligerman. The OP's just fishing because I don't think Chase Elliott's the second coming of Jesus Christ.

In some ways I agree. A lot of times, especially on the larger tracks that ARCA runs, Cup teams will come in there with a super car that nobody can touch.
I was at an ARCA race, probably five years ago or so, at Michigan.
David Stremme was there in a Rusty Wallace Inc. car, he lapped the entire field twice except second place, he only lapped second place 1 time. Second place was a Penske racing car. Did that show how talented David Stremme was? or how ridiculously dominant the car was.
I think a little of both, but mostly it showed how good the car was.
I say a little of both, because Steve Wallace went out there in that same car, and he did win races in it, but he never came close to doing anything like Stremme did on that day at MIS.

I think Elliott is good, but if he was driving another car instead of the Hendrick car (like the #77 of Tom Hessert, good team but not dominant), would he have won that race at Pocono? I doubt it.

With ARCA races, especially at a place like Pocono, talent is needed to win, but it is more about having a good car.

ARCA success means nothing? that is a lie, simple as that. You can go on with the chicken or the egg discussion forever..he would have done better in this car or that team blah blah blah. You got to have both to win a series, any series on down to soap box derby. If you have all that..you still need luck/skill going your way. You don't win championships in a good car with a lousy driver. Your example pointed that out Stremme who is a cup driver, not even close to being one of the better cup drivers, but compared to Steve Wallace? The OP mentioning Klingerman, stuck his foot in his mouth...again, Klingerman finished 3rd this weekend in N'wide.

ARCA success means nothing? that is a lie, simple as that. You can go on with the chicken or the egg discussion forever..he would have done better in this car or that team blah blah blah. You got to have both to win a series, any series on down to soap box derby. If you have all that..you still need luck/skill going your way. You don't win championships in a good car with a lousy driver. Your example pointed that out Stremme who is a cup driver, not even close to being one of the better cup drivers, but compared to Steve Wallace? The OP mentioning Klingerman, stuck his foot in his mouth...again, Klingerman finished 3rd this weekend in N'wide.

Kligerman has ONE Truck Series win. That's good but it's not great. Using 17D's logic, Justin Lofton should've already won multiple Truck Series championships and Justin Allgaier should be a four time Nationwide Champion.

K&N East and West is where the talent is right now. And when Chase Elliott runs in that series, people don't even realize he's there.

K&N East and West is where the talent is right now. And when Chase Elliott runs in that series, people don't even realize he's there.[/quote]

He did win the K&N East/West Combination race last year.

According to my logic, he ran full K&N East seasons in 2011/2012 (3 West series races) where he didn't exactly tear it up but managed 1 win and 11 top 5's in 29 races. So, yeah, they knew he was there but apparently not everyone did.

yeah I could go on and on with the he isn't good enough, but how many cup drivers have raced for multiple years and not won a race. Plenty..he might be one of those, consistent top 15th. His dad was the most popular driver for years, so I kind of draw a parallel to Jr. and his dad. Chase might catch on fire..but I doubt it. Hero's sons have privileges.

Back
Top Bottom