Elton Sawyer returns to BGN

H

HardScrabble

At least for one race, maybe more.

Brewco has Elton signed to run the #37 Timber Wolf car at Rockingham this weekend. Story has it that the team is looking at Elton as a potential full time driver next season.

Glad to see this myself as Elton, IMO, is one of the best drivers to be without a ride this season. Not a bad car either, with one win and 5 top tens so far this season.

Should make the field and maybe good luck will follow Elton.

And get well soon Jeff Purvis. Best wishes to Jeff as he decides whether racing remains in his future.

I am glad he is back. I am surprised it took him that long to find a ride. I wonder if he just took a year off and just recently started looking for a ride for next year?

I'm glad Elton is back, but what happened to Kevin Lepage. I read that Kevin Lepage stepped to the side so Brewco could test out drivers for next year. Does that mean Kevin Lepage isn't going to be a driver for them next year? Why would you just step out, I don't get it.

Who knows what happened. At least Kevin isn't being greedy and holding the ride for the rest of the year. He's doing what the team would like, and that is respectable.

I just read that Kevin Lepage is moving to Cup, which would be a good reason why he'd give up the seat.

I don't know what Everham is trying to do. Hank Parker and Kevin LePage in one weekend. Well either way I'm glad Casey left so he can save his career.

But where's Casey going? Most good rides have already been filled.

Back to Busch I guess is the only place. Maybe truck. I hope not because he is a talent, but him and Evernham haven't been able to get anything to work. It's a shame, I hope Casey can stay in Cup too, but it will be difficult. Maybe he can find a good Busch ride for a year or two, get even better and then come back into Cup.

I guess moving back to Brewco wouldn't be the worst career move, depending which car and if there's a sponsor.

Elton has been one of my favorite Busch regulars since his debut, as a matter of fact, at my request that is Steve's current project. He is building me the #98 Lysol 1998 Busch car that Elton piloted. I cant wait for it to be finished!

Go Elton....Good Luck!

Kel

Back
Top Bottom