Enjoy Illinois 300 at WWT Raceway Pre-Race Thread

StandOnIt

Farm Truck
1685458080498.png

Wonder what the theme of the conversation this week will be?

I dont know if any of you have seen Kenny Wallace's commercials to help promote ticket sales of race but they're hilarious. Im trying to find the one of him dancing during trying to sell you tickets

I'll have my mute button handy on Suday

I dont know if any of you have seen Kenny Wallace's commercials to help promote ticket sales of race but they're hilarious. Im trying to find the one of him dancing during trying to sell you tickets

I'll have my mute button handy on Suday

oops *Sunday. Typing, eating lunch and taking calls isnt a good idea.

Do we know whether or not they're using the short track package or the intermediate package for this race?

Damn, I still have recordings of the I500 and Coke 600 to watch. Hopefully I can get the I500 in this evening. IndyCars are running this weekend too, so something has to give or I may never get caught up. I'll probably sacrifice the trucks to watch the 600 Saturday. No way I'm missing Portland.

Goodyear Fast Facts — Gateway / Portland​

NASCAR Cup Series — Race No. 15 – 240 laps / 300 miles
World Wide Technology Raceway (1.25-mile oval) – Madison, Ill.
Fast Facts for June 3-4, 2023

Tire:
Goodyear Eagle 18-inch Speedway Radials
Set limits:

Cup: 1 set for practice, 1 set for qualifying and 10 sets for the race
(9 race sets plus 1 set transferred from qualifying)

Tire Codes: Left-side — D-5124; Right-side — D-5126

Tire Circumference: Left-side — 2,251 mm (88.62 in.); Right-side — 2,276 mm (89.61 in.)

Minimum Recommended Inflation:
Left Front — 14 psi; Left Rear — 14 psi;
Right Front — 30 psi; Right Rear — 26 psi

Storyline – Cup teams have a lot of experience on Gateway tire set-up: As the NASCAR Cup Series traverses the country visiting different race tracks, consistency in the Goodyear tire set-ups helps teams tune their car set-ups in varying conditions. The tire combination teams will run at World Wide Technology Raceway is a popular one, having been run in six races at four tracks in 2022, including at the suburban St. Louis facility. Cup teams have also already run this set-up three times in 2023 – at Phoenix Raceway, Richmond Raceway and North Wilkesboro Speedway.
“The tire set-up we’ll run at Gateway this weekend is one of the more tried-and-true in our tire lineup,” said Greg Stucker. “Since going to the 18-inch bead diameter tire at the beginning of last season, we’ve run this set-up at this group of tracks, including Gateway. The ability for teams to have that consistency in the tire is important to them being able to build a notebook and hone in on their car set-ups. Not only are they able to arrive at the track closer to where they want to be so they can take advantage of their practice time, they also know how the tire will react to other tuning tools.”

Notes – Cup teams to run Phoenix/Richmond/North Wilkesboro tire set-up at Gateway: Being on an 18-inch bead diameter tire, NASCAR Cup teams will run a different tire set-up than those in the Craftsman Truck Series at Gateway this week . . . this is the same combination of left- and right-side tires Cup teams ran at Gateway last season, as well as at Loudon, Phoenix and Richmond . . . these teams have already run this same tire set-up at Phoenix, Richmond and North Wilkesboro in 2023 . . . with this 18-inch tire, and its lower profile sidewall, NASCAR Cup cars will not run inner liners in any of their tires.

Zippy says the quality control issues have been resolved.

The ISO 9003 documentation is proprietary. 😎
I always heard that those 9000 Aholes are a tough crowd and now they are committed enough to add in three more aholes, it makes them sound even more sinister.

Poor guy. Feel so sorry for him.

Attachments

• CRYING BABY.jpg
    CRYING BABY.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom