Erik Jones

Taco

Team Owner
After watching his antics the last 2 weeks, I think he should have stayed in the lower series for another year. It also appears he has a depth perception problem.

He has 78 equipment, so why is he 19th in points with 8 DNF's?

After watching his antics the last 2 weeks, I think he should have stayed in the lower series for another year. It also appears he has a depth perception problem.

Agree with this he certainly has been fast but he's made his share of the rookie mistakes I think you'll be alright and a race winner but too early to tell.

Just don't see guys like Blaney and Elliott making dumb mistakes like he does though

On one hand I am disappointed in the season that Jones has had but that is mainly because I had read that this guy was some sort of generational talent like Jimmie Johnson. On the other hand the kid is really young so I will reserve judgement on him.

At some point you need to learn how to race in cup, if he was still in xfinity he'd be spinning his wheels, not learning anything he hadn't already known. They're called "rookie mistakes" for a reason, he'll be just fine just give him the time he needs.

A few guys named Earnhardt, Gordon, Richmond and Johnson tore up their fair share too. I think Jones will be fine, and I think Suarez has really grown as the year went on, especially since he may have gotten thrown to the wolves a little early and unexpectedly.

They fast tracked both Jones and Suarez in not only Cup but thru Xfinity. So far it isn't paying off.

I dunno ....... I watched him race the trucks at PIR the year he won the cup ........ he looked like he was in full control to me. Restart after restart he schooled old Crafton

Jones will be fine he’s in a one and done car with a team that has it’s focus on Truex

I dunno ....... I watched him race the trucks at PIR the year he won the cup ........ he looked like he was in full control to me. Restart after restart he schooled old Crafton

I think the kid has to much pressure to perform and drives over his head at times, like last Sunday when he was racing the 24 and took out 1/3 of the field.

Last Sunday at Talladega when he oiled the whole racing line down, what was he thinking about when he pulled that stunt.

If Crafton was good he would be running cup, so I don't get the comparison.

I think the kid has to much pressure to perform and drives over his head at times, like last Sunday when he was racing the 24 and took out 1/3 of the field.

Last Sunday at Talladega when he oil the whole racing line down, what was he thinking about when he pulled that stunt.

If Crafton was good he would be running cup, so I don't get the comparison.

I watched Harvick wreck the whole damned field at Talladega one year

I watched Harvick wreck the whole damned field at Talladega one year

I must have missed that race when he took out the whole field. That must have been a first that the whole field wrecked.

Don't get too sideways. Erik Jones is the topic.
I remember a number of rookies tearing up a whole lot of equipment when they were getting started.
Jeff Gordon springs to mind.

Give the kid a chance.

Suarez has wrecked 5 and Jones 8, they are job security for the car builders so far.
How many Cup cars did you wreck when you were 21?
A better question would be, how many did JJ wreck this year, even with his 15 years of Cup experience; how many did Kyle Busch wreck in his 13th year of Cup; or Logano (9 years)?

It was a bummer that Erik Jones spun and wrecked last Sunday, but Jimmie did the same while running slower. So there's that. Both Jones and Suarez have had phenomenal rookie years IMO. Both have impressed me greatly.

Mister Taco worships at the alter of Chase Elliott and all things Hendrick. I'm sure that, by this point in the 2018 schedule, all four Hendrick drivers will have multiple wins... and these hate threads for the Toyota young guns will fade away.

Back
Top Bottom