exercise question

G

ghettozoe03

i'm loosing weight but its coming off where i dont want it to, any great exercising tips for me?

i try to run 1 1/2 miles 4 days a week plus ive been cutting down, it took me forever to beable to run that far, and its not even that far. lappy what are you eating? and are you exercising? for weeks i just stayed the same weight and lost inched it was so frustrating. usually what i eat is---cereal for breakfast, sandwich for lunch, and a normal dinner, tons of water and gatorade!!!

i live on gatoraid.......brakefast bisket......lunch sandwitch.....dinner a 3 fat gram tv dinner......and i ride my bike about 4 miles aday

so your saying you dont accidentally eat nothing else, not even a bite

Actually Gatorade is not good for you at all. It is loaded with sugar and you know what sugar turns into don't ya? Gatorade isn't even that good at hydrating yourself. It might say Gatorade on the side of the jug at a sports game but you can bet the bank that it's water in there. Water and unsweetened drinks are about the only way to go.

Zoe, all I can tell you is to be patient and stick with what your doing. It takes a long time to loose weight and it's even harder to keep it off. Good luck.

I think it's a good idea to kickstart your metabolism by eating frequent, small meals. I just did it by accident a couple of years ago, and now I find I can eat almost anything (Cheez-Its included) without gaining weight.

For a while there, this is pretty much how I ate:

Harvest Bar (Power Bar), a bottle of water, and a glass of orange or grapefruit juice for breakfast.

Snack at noontime -- for me, it was usually a small bag of sourdough pretzels (because they're free at work) and another bottle of water. I'd recommend staying away from straight carbs, but a 1/2 pint of yogurt wouldn't be a bad idea.

Small lunch -- again, for me, this was usually some Thai or Vietnamese noodle/vegetable dish, but you may not like that stuff. Stick with vegetables and protein, and stay away from the carbs as much as possible if you're trying to lose significant weight (i.e. more than 5 pounds). Sandwiches, because they're usually made with bread, are not such a good idea.

Another small snack a couple of hours later -- maybe a banana, an apple, etc.

Small dinner -- either a Nutrament shake (if I didn't already have one for lunch) or whatever else I felt like eating that night.

My point is, if you reduce the size of your meals, and eat them more frequently, you'll eventually also reduce your appetite, and boost your metabolism. Your stomach will get used to you feeding it more frequently, so it won't hold on to the calories but allow them to be used as fuel, since it knows you're not going to starve. You'll get hungry more frequently, but for far less food. At least, that's how it works with me.

Of course, also drink lots and lots of water, stay away from coffee and soda (or do you call it pop?), sleep regularly and well, and continue to exercise as you've been. You might also consider some weight training, if you don't already do that. As you may know, muscle helps burn fat, so if you develop a few, you'll see results a lot more quickly. Word of warning, though: don't weight train too much in areas of your body that you don't wish to grow larger (i.e. waist, thighs) because that's what building muscle does to you. Stick to aerobics for that stuff, since it burns fat and cuts the inches.

Oh, and about your losing weight where you don't want to lose weight, I'm pretty sure I catch your drift. Here's a tip for that: bench pressing. You won't believe the results. ;)

Yeah, that's about it for my little lecture. Hope it's been of some use. Good luck to you, Zoe! :)

Good active love maintence is a good idea.Keeps ol Pbunch looking like macho man.;)

You always crack me the hell up, Mr. PBunch! Bless your heart. :D

This is MRS pbunch, and he's right....."love maintenance" is the best exercise you can get and now that he has to work out at the same gym all the time I stay in pretty good shape too :itslove:

Sit
ups
to
lose
the
gut

My favorite exercise is the 12 ounce curl, but it don't seem to be working that well. Guess I need to do a few more
sit
ups

Originally posted by TN-Ward-Fan
Sit
ups
to  
lose
the
gut

My favorite exercise is the 12 ounce curl, but it don't seem to be working that well.  Guess I need to do a few more
sit
ups
Whats up TW?you have a good dinner last night,I hope you didn't spend to much money.:p

We had a very nice deener, thanks for asking. Then tonight the rain let up, so I grilled her original request, NY Strips.

Sit
ups
to
lose
the
gut

:p

That's like spot welding, TWF.

You've gotta work the WHOLE body. :D

Originally posted by abooja
That's like spot welding, TWF.  

You've gotta work the WHOLE body. :D

But that's the spot that needs the most attention. If I hadn't built this toolshed, I'd be skinny.

:ROFLMFAO: God only put so much fat on this planet. When someone loses weight someone else picks it up. And I have picked more that my share. lol

Originally posted by abooja
Just trying to keep it PG-13. :D
Good Abooja,cause my mom won't let me play if you all get out of control.Good night Abooja Wooja,and forum friends.Time to go workout.:D

Back
Top Bottom