Expectations for Bubba at Atlanta

Spotter22

Team Owner
I think he and his team can feed off of this positive energy and have a good run. Top 15 is what I'm looking for but if he can cash in on another top 10 that would be great and would really get the ball (or tires) rolling.

Will be the Camaro’s first real aerodynamic performance test. Should be interesting.

As far as the #43 team’s results if they can keep it clean and based on past history I would think a top 25 is expected and a top 15 would feel like a small victory.

19th at Michigan last year. 11th at Kentucky a few weeks later. Top 15 sounds about right.

EDIT: Austin Dillon averaged 16.4 on 1.5-milers last year in Childress equipment. I point that out not to compare Bubba with Austin, just to indicate what the RCR-supplied assemblies have been show to be capable of.

RCR won't want him out shining Lil Sweet. Gonna be tough to call without knowing what type of equipment/information RCR might be giving the 43 Team.

I'd say probably 15 to 20 range though a top 15 wouldn't surprise me.

Hes the new thing.

Bubba is a pleasant surprise. He hasn't really set the woods on fire in the lower series. But, I think he's made the most of his opportunity this far in a Cup Car. His 2nd place finish in the 500 was no fluke, he was very racey in his 125. I can see him having a fair amount of success in the RPM ride. "Fair" being a sliding scale, I'd say some top 10s are not out of the question. If nothing else, I'll enjoy Bubba, Bowman, Byron and Jones beating and banging with the vets. It should make for a fun year.

Bubba is a pleasant surprise. He hasn't really set the woods on fire in the lower series. But, I think he's made the most of his opportunity this far in a Cup Car. His 2nd place finish in the 500 was no fluke, he was very racey in his 125. I can see him having a fair amount of success in the RPM ride. "Fair" being a sliding scale, I'd say some top 10s are not out of the question. If nothing else, I'll enjoy Bubba, Bowman, Byron and Jones beating and banging with the vets. It should make for a fun year.
I like the way you think.

Bubba love will surpass anything we have yet to see in racing history ...... Chase who ?

I don't know about that. But it would be crazy to think that he couldn't be great for NASCAR. NASCAR needs growth. Needs some new interesting competitors. That cat has proved he's a competitor. I hope he can bring new fans to the sport. I wonder if the main stream media is saying much about him? To me, he's one of the biggest stories of Speedweeks. Just my 2 cents.

Hes the new thing.

If this happens for Bubba, I'll be glad to see it. It seems people are organically responding to him in a positive way. He isn't being forced and promoted as the next big thing, though that may be about to change. He adds a lot of personality to the crop of young drivers, and I hope he is in equipment that he can run well in and build confidence.

I don't know about that. But it would be crazy to think that he couldn't be great for NASCAR. NASCAR needs growth. Needs some new interesting competitors. That cat has proved he's a competitor. I hope he can bring new fans to the sport. I wonder if the main stream media is saying much about him? To me, he's one of the biggest stories of Speedweeks. Just my 2 cents.

I see him as another young race car driver

Nascar is hell bent on injecting youth into the cup series ...... there are limits to all things and it is reaching a nauseating level IMO ........... I am surprised that they don't have all the older drivers digging their own graves in the infield.

Tbh I'm not expecting too much out of him.. about the same maybe a bit better average than Almirola put up. Top 12-20 or so each weekend with the occasional top 10 but I don't expect him to run up front. I hope I'm wrong though because I do like the guy.

I expect more from Almirola this season

If this happens for Bubba, I'll be glad to see it. It seems people are organically responding to him in a positive way. He isn't being forced and promoted as the next big thing, though that may be about to change. He adds a lot of personality to the crop of young drivers, and I hope he is in equipment that he can run well in and build confidence.
The difference here is that Bubba has many friends among the other drivers.
He won't be harassed like Brad and others were when he came to cup. The old school drivers no longer have the power over these new young drivers. Guys like Hamlin will find themselves outside looking in and will certainly get no breaks. Of course I think he will find this year the hardest in his career.

They have RCR power and the new Chevy, he should do pretty good. Childress chopped off a few heads over the off season, they had a full on Xfinity effort and they didn't win a race and they were pretty bad in cup 2 wins.

The difference here is that Bubba has many friends among the other drivers.
He won't be harassed like Brad and others were when he came to cup. The old school drivers no longer have the power over these new young drivers. Guys like Hamlin will find themselves outside looking in and will certainly get no breaks. Of course I think he will find this year the hardest in his career.

A little clarity please, you think this will be the hardest year of Hamlins or Bubbas career?

A little clarity please, you think this will be the hardest year of Hamlins or Bubbas career?
Sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to Hamlin.
But this will be no walk in the park for Bubba. Expectations are high for him and I believe he has better equipment this year soooooooo he has to improve over his past efforts.
I think Bubba will do as well as any in RCR equipment. Orrrrrr, maybe I am just hoping he does.

Considering that 3/4 of the field won’t wreck next week, and considering it isn’t a plate track, I figure he runs about 20th. Team was a middle of the pack type car last year. And this year the team appears to be on an even leaner budget. Though not sure what type of deal was cut, probably by NASCAR, with Childress to keep Petty in the sport.

Considering that 3/4 of the field won’t wreck next week, and considering it isn’t a plate track, I figure he runs about 20th. Team was a middle of the pack type car last year. And this year the team appears to be on an even leaner budget. Though not sure what type of deal was cut, probably by NASCAR, with Childress to keep Petty in the sport.
Or, if the chevy performs as expected, ( improvement over the 2017 SS) and with the Fords still at a slight disadvantage and including the fact that he is out of a RFR car, he could improve greatly. Time will tell.

Sorry I wasn't clear, I was referring to Hamlin.
But this will be no walk in the park for Bubba. Expectations are high for him and I believe he has better equipment this year soooooooo he has to improve over his past efforts.
I think Bubba will do as well as any in RCR equipment. Orrrrrr, maybe I am just hoping he does.

Thanks for the clarity. I agree, Hamlin has a lot of enemies and bad karma. Might be a long year for the #11.

Back
Top Bottom