F1 2014-2015 Silly Season

^ You have it backwards. I'm pretty sure he is meant to replace Button and not Magnussen because Jenson has been on the wall about his future. To replace Magnussen would be extremely premature like last season with Perez.

^ You have it backwards. I'm pretty sure he is meant to replace Button and not Magnussen because Jenson has been on the wall about his future. To replace Magnussen would be extremely premature like last season with Perez.
It would be, but it's either him or the champion who has a Japanese fiance. That's just what's been reported.

I'm not sure, but I will say where there is smoke, there is fire for certain.

https://twitter.com/pitlanetalk/status/515246374582226944

Certainly might be true, but I'll hold my judgement until next week. After or if Fernando falls in place, then the rest of the market will.
I think, if it's true, McLaren should get K-Mag a spot with another team for a year or two since that's all Button will stick around for. I think Ferrari loan Bianchi out to Marussia.

^ My last post before I go to bed, but Bianchi will not be in a Ferrari until Kimi leaves after 2015. Expect him there in 2016, but the thing is will someone like Vettel come along? I'm pretty sure Alonso's contract is up after 15 or 16.

Expect Bianchi to go to Sauber, I mean if they are still around...

How the grid is POSSIBLY shaping up, Caterham might not even be able to survive. They had repo personnel come through the factory and actually took upgrades that were supposed to ship to Japan. Sauber is also in the ****ter after De Silvestro lost her testing role.

Mercedes: Hamilton/Rosberg - CONFIRMED
Red Bull: Vettel/Riccardo - CONFIRMED
Ferrari: Alonso/Raikkonen - CONFIRMED
Mclaren: Button(?)/Magnussen(?)/Vandoorne(?) - No decision has been made
Williams: Massa/Bottas - CONFIRMED
Sauber: N/A - At the moment many are unsure the Swiss team will survive until the end of the season...
Toro Rosso: Kyvat/Verstappen - CONFIRMED
Force India: Hulkenburg/Perez - Not sure, I think both are cleared because they are on multi-year deals
Lotus: Maldonado/Grojsean(?)/Pic(?) - I don't know what is going on, Pastor has been confirmed, but Grojsean is on the fence. Pic is the reserve driver.
Caterham - N/A - They will shut down at the end of the season, unless some investors jump in
Marussia - N/A - Similar boat, but will get that needed luxury money. What the hell was Bernie thinking?

PLACE THE DAMN BUDGET CAP ALREADY FIA, HOLY CRAP!

Absolutely incredible shakeup. Vettel had talked fondly of Ferrari in the past since he's such a big fan of the history of the sport and has said he'd want to drive for Ferrari at some point, and with Newey taking a lesser role at Red Bull next year it was probably the best time to go. I still don't think Ferrari will build a better car though, so unfortunately I see a lot of "I told you so" in the future from fans thinking Vettel has always been overrated, it's all Newey, etc.

Ferrari and Alonso had already had their highs together and those weren't enough. It was time for a change for both, especially Alonso. Time is running out for him to grab another WDC.

I am still surprised to see Vettel leave Red Bull, currently they clearly are better than Ferrari.
Most likely more money is on the table but he surely must already have more than he or any future children could ever spend.

Skepticism can too easy of a game, but I have to wonder about the reasoning. I can't help but wonder about how Riccardo has out performed him this year, and this decision .

His four time legacy is better protected and he will be paired with or against Kimi. A truly great driver carrer , but he will be in his final F1 season with in a car that has been a struggle for him.
If Ferrari can't put Ferrari on top, then why should Vettel be expected to? legacy undamaged. If he does, well then he is the man who also had 4 WCs prior that could do what Alonso could not do.
It seems very convenient, and no worries about Riccardo who was faster in a car that can't keep up with Mercedes anyway.

Obviously the above paragraph is speculation. We probably will never know the full story, and the day to day interworkings that effect everyone on the team. But from the outside looking in, that's my opinion as uninformed as it is....
I think a lot more than a juicy $ contract is involved.

I am still surprised to see Vettel leave Red Bull, currently they clearly are better than Ferrari.
Most likely more money is on the table but he surely must already have more than he or any future children could ever spend.

Skepticism can too easy of a game, but I have to wonder about the reasoning. I can't help but wonder about how Riccardo has out performed him this year, and this decision .

His four time legacy is better protected and he will be paired with or against Kimi. A truly great driver carrer , but he will be in his final F1 season with in a car that has been a struggle for him.
If Ferrari can't put Ferrari on top, then why should Vettel be expected to? legacy undamaged. If he does, well then he is the man who also had 4 WCs prior that could do what Alonso could not do.
It seems very convenient, and no worries about Riccardo who was faster in a car that can't keep up with Mercedes anyway.

Obviously the above paragraph is speculation. We probably will never know the full story, and the day to day interworkings that effect everyone on the team. But from the outside looking in, that's my opinion as uninformed as it is....
I think a lot more than a juicy $ contract is involved.

I agree Red Bull is better right now

I don't think money has a lot to do with it, if at all. I remember a couple weeks back Vettel stated he was upset with his team. Not very clear on why he was upset but I would have to guess one reason is because Ricciardo is getting the Vettel treatment. You never know, Ferrari may be the better car for Vettel now. It could be like a Kenseth move from Roush to Gibbs.

I'm skeptical because this could hurt Vettel more than help or it could be the best decision in his career.

No doubt Alonso is the best in the field IMO, but my thing is that he's not much of a team builder or meant for chemistry and I mean that by looking at the state of Ferrari because as an "elite" level driver is supposed to not only help himself, but help the team. I know management has been bleh at Ferrari, but how much of a team player is Alonso as is to being for himself.

Look at how it was at Renault with Trulli, Fisi, and Piquet Jr. Trulli was the best competition for Alonso, but in the end Trulli left on bad terms with Renault because of Flavio's favoritism. Fisi and Piquet we know what happened... Then on to Mclaren with that falling out because Alonso was matched by a rookie Lewis Hamilton and left on short notice. Ran to Ferrari and pretty much dominated Massa, but should it have really been that one-sided?

Massa's performance has increased since his leaving Ferrari and the stats don't show it, but he and Bottas should be neck and neck in points w/o all the horrible luck Massa has had this year.

My thing is that McLaren needs a driver to challenge Alonso because to have just any one driver to be focused on is quite short-sided.

This could help Vettel because if he can help elevate Ferrari it could attract that much needed attention for Ferrari and build the team.

Look at Williams with the revamp around Bottas and Massa. Great team players and great chemistry with one another.

A lot of questions to be answered in the future.

Even thought Ferrari is my favorite team (Nico is my favorite driver, but i like Ferrari more than Mercedes), they are not good enough, even for Vettel, but Schumacher left for Ferrari in 1996 when they weren't good, and looked what happened

As a Ferrari fan, I have mixed feelings on all of this. I don't really like Vettel but that probably has more to do with RBR dominating the past few years. I used to not like Alonso but now he's my favorite. I guess my point here is. Go Ferrari!

Pretty sure Ricciardo kicking his butt all season was a major reason for Vettel leaving RBR. His ego got hurt and he doesn't like to play second fiddle. At least now he knows how Webber felt.

It would be, but it's either him or the champion who has a Japanese fiance. That's just what's been reported.
Related:

upload_2014-10-13_18-40-13.png

What kills me about F1 is team wills pass off a driver like they don't care.The phrase "You're only as good as your last race" has never been more true than in F1. Vettel won four world championships with Red Bull and when Vettel decides to leave they are like ......whatever. No biggie.

What kills me about F1 is team wills pass off a driver like they don't care.The phrase "You're only as good as your last race" has never been more true than in F1. Vettel won four world championships with Red Bull and when Vettel decides to leave they are like ......whatever. No biggie.
Well, it's Vettel who decided to leave. They can't stop him and have to move forward so moping around won't help their situation. They may have said something privately to try to convince him to stay, who knows.

Franz Tost on the second Toro Rosso seat:

Q: It seemed at one stage that it was certain that Jean-Eric would leave Toro Rosso, now it doesn’t seem so final…
FT:
…the situation is still open. I think the drivers that are shortlisted for Toro Rosso are: Jean-Eric, Carlos Sainz, Pierre Gasly and Alex Lynn. All four are Red Bull drivers and it will definitely be a Red Bull driver.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2014/10/16547.html

^ I think Ericsson will be okay, but it will be him and Van Der Garde at Sauber (Possible). Keep an eye out for Felipe Nasr. I heard he was eyeing Sauber as well.

I don't want Jenson's career to end. Just when I find a driver I truly like, they are at risk of being tossed aside.

I can't figure out why Vettel is losing so much. Is he doing it on purpose because he is leaving Red Bull? It just seems awfully funny that he hasn't even come close to winning since his announcement.

I can't figure out why Vettel is losing so much. Is he doing it on purpose because he is leaving Red Bull? It just seems awfully funny that he hasn't even come close to winning since his announcement.
He hasn't adapted well enough to the new car. It seems like he can't preserve the tires nearly as well as Ricciardo does, and he used to be great on the tires.

Reactions: JW1
There's some rather funny business going on with Red Bull team, I think they did the flexible wing thing on purpose to test the FIA, they had nothing to lose in the final race anyways.

Crazy season indeed, I hope they make the cars sound better next year.

Will be interesting to see how everyone does next year. I am particularly interested in seeing if Vettel can get his mojo back. Weird season this year.

Back
Top Bottom