F1: 2020 British Grand Prix

Ferrari had the most trimmed-out rear wing this last weekend because of their power deficit.

How did they manage to go backwards? Maybe they really were exploiting (cheating) the fuel flow regulations last year!

Last year at Monza the Ferraris were the fastest on the straight. The FIA investigated what Ferrari was doing with their fuel flow, clarified the rules, and now they are the slowest? Nothing to see here, right?

Ferrari goes through long periods of where they are not very good, and they wasted a lot of good talent like Berger and Alesi. Looks like Vettel is fortunate to be able to escape that, even if he has to escape F1 completely.

I'm kind of hoping Ferrari implodes because it's always so hysterical when they do. I'll bet Kimi is having a good laugh. Too bad we can't hear what Lauda thinks about it, but I am sure it would be good.

I can only hope Vettel finds his competitiveness and smokes Leclerc on his way out. Next weekend would be a jolly good time to smack the young cub around a bit.

How did they manage to go backwards? Maybe they really were exploiting (cheating) the fuel flow regulations last year!

Last year at Monza the Ferraris were the fastest on the straight. The FIA investigated what Ferrari was doing with their fuel flow, clarified the rules, and now they are the slowest? Nothing to see here, right?

Ferrari goes through long periods of where they are not very good, and they wasted a lot of good talent like Berger and Alesi. Looks like Vettel is fortunate to be able to escape that, even if he has to escape F1 completely.

I'm kind of hoping Ferrari implodes because it's always so hysterical when they do. I'll bet Kimi is having a good laugh. Too bad we can't hear what Lauda thinks about it, but I am sure it would be good.

I can only hope Vettel finds his competitiveness and smokes Leclerc on his way out. Next weekend would be a jolly good time to smack the young cub around a bit.
Yeah, the FIA and Ferrari reached an undisclosed settlement and the FIA also implemented a second fuel flow meter for all teams, in addition to the teams' own, that uses encryption and anti-aliasing technology so that teams don't know what exactly is being measured. However Ferrari were gaming the fuel flow rate last year they're down about 40 HP to Mercedes this year. Ferrari had an exceptionally quick car at tracks that are power-hungry - Bahrain, Canada, Spa, Monza, Sochi, Mexico - that they somehow had to have found a way to measure their fuel flow rate below whatever they were actually using.

Sounds like the rules and the cars are too complicated.

I can't keep up with the rules. Can Ferrari fix their problem or are is that engine locked in for the year?

Back
Top Bottom