F1: 2021 Monaco Grand Prix

The F2 races have been pretty good, the second race even took place on a damp track and most did very well.

As for FP3, I would like to see a Sainz pole. Mick crashed, again. He has not looked comfortable this weekend and has now crashed twice. He probably will not be able to qualify and Latifi crashed as well during the session.

Well thats a first for me. Pole sitter crashing the car on the last lap.
Still really happy for Ferrari. Hopefully nothing major has to be changed out
and they can start the race at pole.

Thought I was going to be able to not watch tomorrow and save it for next
Sunday morning. Upon further review, NO FREAKING WAY ! Lewis is buried
a bit and Max is licking his chops. This is must see tv.

Bottas P3 when Mercedes has had a rare down weekend. He is the most underrated driver in F1 because of who his teammate is. He has the speed consistently of a top 3 driver and would be a number 1 on any team except Mercedes or Red Bull.

Hit on my massive $5 bet on Leclerc pole for +700. 😤😤

Perhaps unpopular opinion, they should go back to single car shootout qualifying here. Some of the traffic trying to get a clean lap in is just absurd.

Kinda surprised there’s not a rule you lose your fastest lap or two for causing a red or yellow after Rosberg’s shenanigans here several years ago.

Lewis is mad af. Starting 7th in Monoco is a death sentence. He'll be lucky to finish there.

"There will be some tough discussions that we're going to have with my engineers tonight, or maybe after the weekend," said Hamilton.

"There's things that should have been done, and haven't been done. But we will learn from it and come together, stronger in the next race."

Asked if he could expand on what the team should have done, Hamilton said: "I can't really, no. From my point it's a little frustrating, but it is what it is.

"I can't really say too much about it, and also I don't want to be critical of the team, but behind closed doors, I will be. And we have got to work harder."

He just posted a tweet backtracking some. lol

Abit odd that his team would just not listen to their driver. For a 7 world champion he seems pretty disrespected in many places. :idunno:

Can't imagine what's going through his head, qualify on the pole and crash out. When did they stop using back up cars, there was a time when there was crash on the first lap they restarted the race and drivers could get their backup cars. When did this stop?

Can't imagine what's going through his head, qualify on the pole and crash out. When did they stop using back up cars, there was a time when there was crash on the first lap they restarted the race and drivers could get their backup cars. When did this stop?
Had to have been a while ago.

Red Bull probably would’ve just thrown a spare car out for Max at Hungary last year when he stuffed it in a wall on the recon lap instead of frantically rush to repair it on the grid.

Had to have been a while ago.

Red Bull probably would’ve just thrown a spare car out for Max at Hungary last year when he stuffed it in a wall on the recon lap instead of frantically rush to repair it on the grid.
Thanks I found it, they stopped in 2008, my favorite crash restart was Martin Brundel in 1996, he went upside down walked away and restarted in his backup car. amazing...lol

Lewis can’t get near Gasly and Perez can’t get near Vettel. The only overtake was Mick over Mazespin. I know the history but this circuit is awful lol

When things go badly for Mercedes they go badly in a big way.

This core has stuck around a bit too long. They need to change it. Their pit crew has been one of the worse in F1 since probably late 2019.

This course reminds me a lot of St Petersburg. Lol they almost need a restrictor plate out here to allow for some passing

Lewis can’t get near Gasly and Perez can’t get near Vettel. The only overtake was Mick over Mazespin. I know the history but this circuit is awful lol
Cars are too damn big and fast for here now. Even with the new cars next year being slower I think they’ll still be massive so they might not help much here.

Not really getting the high prestige this race gets. It’s worthless in terms of racing. This isn’t racing.

If you literally can’t pass, then it’s not racing.

Not really getting the high prestige this race gets. It’s worthless in terms of racing. This isn’t racing.

If you literally can’t pass, then it’s not racing.

I do wonder if we could maybe widen some of the areas on the course. It’s literally the same thing as St Pete, just without the big runway straightaway

Now I understand why Lewis is always complaining and questioning his engineers and strategists.

Destroy this track and bury it in the same ocean trench as Megatron and Starscream

Probably the first weekend of the turbo hybrid era where Lewis just didn’t have the feel and setup. Usually it takes some sort of incident or mechanical issue for a weekend this bad. And one weekend is all it took for Max to take momentum back.

Back
Top Bottom