F1: 2021 Styrian Grand Prix

Mercedes is all out of sorts. They can’t even seem to be on the same page on what’s what. The Toto Wolff side of the story is what I read a few weeks ago.

But it is true upgrades are needed to keep this battle spiced up. I can’t think of a track where Mercedes can actually improve where Red Bull isn’t strong in.

Thought I read somewhere Red Bull is definitely still pumping money into this year’s package and Mercedes has stopped messing with this year and preparing for next year.
I just read on Racer that Mercedes is bringing some upgrades. My guess is Mercedes were going to try to skate through the season without any upgrades. Problem is Red Bull is now faster and they either give the championship up, or they fight for it. Personally I prefer to see them fighting for it.

Mercedes has upgrades coming, tech director Allison insists | RACER

Thought I read somewhere Red Bull is definitely still pumping money into this year’s package and Mercedes has stopped messing with this year and preparing for next year.
Mercedes had stopped development, but Red Bull just won four races in a row, and blew Mercedes out pretty badly in the last one. Merc is as good as done unless they do something.
Could be Red Bull is going all in to win this year at the cost of risking falling behind with next year’s new deal.

Could be, but they've got the points lead, so they had better be all in. The last time they were in this position was with Vettel in 2013. Bow they have the best car, so they have to run with it. They may not get this chance next year.

Thinking Mercedes needs to take one on the chin and not give in. Losing 1 of 8 seasons is not the end of the world. They already utterly destroyed everyone in the hybrid era.

The only problem is I'm sure Merc want to keep that streak going, and if Merc lays down, Hamilton isn't going to stand for it, and I'm pretty sure they want him coming back.

Either way, they have the upgrades on the way. Now it's a matter of if they work or not.

I'm not sure who I want to pull for, but of who we have, this is the best battle we could have hoped for. I also think Checo is going to have something to say about this title too. He probably can't win it, but you can bet they are hoping Checo will steal a lot of points.

Botas, though, what a mess that's going to be. I don't think whatever he does is going to be enough now. He's got to shift is attention to beating Checo. You don't drive a Merc and shoot for third place, but that's what Botas has been reduced to. Checo is just getting started and finally adjusted to the team and car.

But it is true upgrades are needed to keep this battle spiced up. I can’t think of a track where Mercedes can actually improve where Red Bull isn’t strong in.
Well see what happens when we get into the summer. It's still cool over there, but not for long. Mercedes could come alive in the heat and Red Bull could falter. Or, it could go the other way.

We just don't know yet. It's a long season and anything could still happen. We finally have a good battle going, and the last time we had any battle at all was with Nico. I kind of hope Hamilton pulls in a big score and evens it back up. To me, the fight is more important than who wins.

Back
Top Bottom