F1 Japanese GP

Reck

Team Owner
All of Saturday activities got wiped out due to the incoming Typhone.

Quals got moved to early Sunday. Sorry boys, no fancy graphics to start off the weekend like my guy @FLRacingFan does. He TMed it!

Qualifying (Maybe?? is on the same day) is late today for us in the states. 9PM eastern time and they moved it from ESPN2 to ESPNNEWS.

The race itself its still scheduled on the normal ESPN channel.

Ok now I'm convinced the FIA is letting Ferrari cheat a little. They blitzed Mercedes at Suzuka.

I'm ready, perfect F1 starting time for me on the west coast. The top four within 0.25 of each other and Verstappen lurking behind that. Doesn't look like rain is in the forecast.

Leclerc needs to to stop being the driver and engineer at the same time. He’s gone from being a cool cat to just a douchebag.

The FIA letting Ferrari cheat every which way.

Leclerc takes out Max, stays out with damage possibly putting Hamilton in danger, Vettel semi jumping the start and nothing happens to them. Lol

Leclerc is going to get penalized.

After Max reported that floor damage, I guess the FIA had no choice but to re-open that ordeal.

Typical Ferrari cluster****. Is it confirmed that Vettel is OK with no penalty?

These F1 stewards don't inspire faith and are just making it up as they go.

Pre-Canada debacle, the contact with Verstappen is an obvious penalty on Leclerc. Albon's dive bomb, same thing. Now the stewards have changed completely mid season and are trying to avoid making calls at all, sorta,

I'd like to know how the jump rule is written and whether there are these allowances for "didn't gain an advantage" or "stopped again". If so, I don't have a problem with the call. But I have a feeling that again, they're just deciding as they go.

Pre-Canada debacle, the contact with Verstappen is an obvious penalty on Leclerc. Albon's dive bomb, same thing. Now the stewards have changed completely mid season and are trying to avoid making calls at all, sorta,
Albon's move is a bit questionable and even with it being a divebomb. I think Albon gave Norris room, just bad timing in Norris turning in IMO.

That was more of a hard racing deal, but that's just me.

Leclerc needs the book thrown at him. That accident killed Max's floor on his car and caused a retirement.

That was more of a hard racing deal, but that's just me.

IMO, both were racing incidents, in that Leclerc lost it and drifted wide into Verstappen. I don't see any intent to drive him off the track or even what I would call reckless, just a pure driving error on a high pressure start. The question is are they going to penalize for "avoidable contact" when it wrecks another car or not? The inconsistency is what bugs me.

I also don't think it's about penalizing based on what the damage to Verstappen's car ends up being. If it is determined to be an at fault incident, and it's hard to watch that and not see Leclerc being at fault, that's what matters.

Does Ferrari need to run someone over and kill them for the FIA to do something to Ferrari?

Does Ferrari need to run someone over and kill them for the FIA to do something to Ferrari?

It's hard not to wonder if they are trying to spice up the show by erring on the side of not eliminating Mercedes' chief competition.

They gotta make a damn call on the Leclerc thing. One way or another. Waiting until after the race is just absurd.

If Hamilton stays out, he wins the race. Vettel literally had no chance of catching him, and Bottas little. F1 strategy and decorum is an enigma sometimes.

Surprised Hamilton pitted. I guess that’s payback for all the time Bottas has gotten the short end but he also gave up second place.

I’d be salty if I was Hamilton. Not only did he gave up the win essentially but couldn’t even get second. Ouch

Bottas's win closes the gap in the championship a little bit, but I believe Lewis has it in the bag.

Glad to see Verstappen's misfortune. This obviously wasn't his fault today, but he abuses the subjective driver code imo. I am glad to see it when it happens to him.

Hamilton and Bottas are my two favorites. Now that Lewis has the championship on ice, I want Bottas to rack up some wins lol

It's been a while since Ferrari choked a whole race away before completing the first sector of the first lap, glad to see them making it interesting again.

Back
Top Bottom