F1: Round 17 Suzuka

Reck

Team Owner
I'll be making this thread this week as this track is one of my favorites.

If we're lucky, they'll be racing under a monsoon to make it extra interesting.

Worth staying up late for it. Quali starts Saturday at 2AM for us easter coasters.

Can't wait for Hamilton to become a 12-time champion or something because Ferrari always choke, everyone else just sucks, and his teammate is always going to be some beta that gets ordered to pull over for him.

Good thing the greatest race in the world (Bathurst 1000) is this weekend.

Like him or not Lewis is one of the GOATs of this sport. Enjoy him while you still can

This track looks weird under a very sunny, very bright day to race in.

This start time is good for a west coast US fan. I like it much better than the 4 and 6 AM starts. Unfortunately the season has taken a turn for the worse, and I'm not sure whether to expect much today.

Not sure what Verstappen was supposed to do there? Probably could start with not driving off the track.

It was a race incident. Things like that can happen.

Sure, I know. Was meant in jest more than anything else. However, by the standards of how at-fault penalties are employed by stewards in F1, I'm not sure why it is exempt.

Dude how is Vettel a 4 time champ?

I question his moves. He drives like a complete rookie. I get you’re desperate but you’re supposed to be a pro.

Plus you know the guy has to serve a penalty. What a moron.

I tend to agree that Vettel came in too hot there and picked the wrong spot.

I'm glad I'm not a bigger Ferrari fan. These constant f*ck-ups are just depressing.

So Vettel crashes, spins and loses all positions and is still faster than most?

Lol

If it's one stop race, I don't understand why Ferrari wouldn't pit Vettel now or very soon so he can run faster laps in clean air and pass all of the slow cars in front of him that way.

Vettel had the best car in the field with those championships.

He just need to clean up his driving some because he has the speed. He just looks a bit ragged now for some reason.

Sometimes I wonder how F1 is not losing fans. The stands are incredibly packed, not only at Suzuka but at nearly all the tracks.

I think it's just the spectacle and to a lesser degree the sheer speed, which they still do a good job of selling in most markets, despite the less than race-y product.

I can't fathom the Ferrari strategy to short pit Raikkonen and dump him back in a bunch of traffic, and not short pit Vettel to get him out of the traffic, at least for now.

I think it's just the spectacle and to a lesser degree the sheer speed, which they still do a good job of selling in most markets, despite the less than race-y product.
Yeah, Liberty is obviously doing a good job in marketing. F1 is still the most popular motor racing series even though NASCAR and MotoGP offer better racing.

Wingman Bottas can’t even keep Max behind.

Mercedes must just be cruising to have allowed Verstappen to make up that much ground. He has been faster than both for the last third of the race, after falling behind early.

Dude how is Vettel a 4 time champ?

I question his moves. He drives like a complete rookie. I get you’re desperate but you’re supposed to be a pro.

Plus you know the guy has to serve a penalty. What a moron.
He had his fair share of moments at Red Bull too. He just won had better cars those four years than Ferrari have ever given him so people have forgotten for the most part. Although it may have been young and moody Vettel then and desperate Vettel now.

Ricciardo has also had a strong race after starting 15th. Ferrari are just out to lunch to allow Raikkonen to get beaten this badly by Ricciardo with that starting position.

Good for Kimi that he wouldn't pull over for Vettel, though obviously it's because he has nothing to lose at this point.

I was hoping for a payback switch at the front but Bottas is so slow he can barely keep Max out of DRS.

He ain’t winning a race this year.

On the bright side, Vettel got fastest lap of the race.

Hamilton can take two racing weekends off and still win the championship. Ouch

Back
Top Bottom