F1: Round 17 Suzuka

Discussion in 'Open Wheel Racing' started by Reck, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Reck

Reck Enrique?

I'll be making this thread this week as this track is one of my favorites.

If we're lucky, they'll be racing under a monsoon to make it extra interesting.

Worth staying up late for it. Quali starts Saturday at 2AM for us easter coasters.

2. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Cuckrari is showing up again this weekend, yikes.

FLRacingFan likes this.
  3. donthaveanickname

donthaveanickname Team Owner

Qualifying is expected to be wet, the race however should stay dry.
    I think we can prepare for another Hamilton-show with few overtakes after lap 1.

Gonna be a busy Sunday morning with F1, MotoGP and WTCR.

FLRacingFan and Kiante like this.
  4. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Can't wait for Hamilton to become a 12-time champion or something because Ferrari always choke, everyone else just sucks, and his teammate is always going to be some beta that gets ordered to pull over for him.

Good thing the greatest race in the world (Bathurst 1000) is this weekend.

Greg, DUN24 and Kiante like this.
  5. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Thanks for that reminder. Last enduro was pretty lame so hoping this one is at least close.

Kiante and FLRacingFan like this.
  6. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Wow Ferrari. Choke artists.

Kiante and FLRacingFan like this.
  7. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Classic.

Toro Rosso 6th and 7th for Honda's best qualifying at Suzuka since coming back while McClown qualify 18th and 19th...also classic.

Kiante and Clutch like this.
  8. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Danny Ric broke:

Never seen him out of character, but his season has gone to absolute sh!t. I can understand his fustration, I hope Renault actually progress next season because this maybe the first of many rage episodes for him.

9. DaBiff1618

DaBiff1618 Team Owner

Like him or not Lewis is one of the GOATs of this sport. Enjoy him while you still can

10. Yogisd1

Yogisd1 Resident Retard

I disagree. His cars have been the GOAT.

LewTheShoe, Greg and Clutch like this.
  11. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Imagine being in denial about Hamilton's abilities in 2018. LOL

12. Reck

Reck Enrique?

This track looks weird under a very sunny, very bright day to race in.

13. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

This start time is good for a west coast US fan. I like it much better than the 4 and 6 AM starts. Unfortunately the season has taken a turn for the worse, and I'm not sure whether to expect much today.

14. donthaveanickname

Gonna need a good race (and coffee) to keep me awake.

15. donthaveanickname

All champions in motorsports had good cars.
    However, even a great car is nothing without a good driver.

gnomesayin likes this.
  16. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Max being Max already, lol.

17. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Not sure what Verstappen was supposed to do there? Probably could start with not driving off the track.

18. donthaveanickname

It was a race incident. Things like that can happen.

19. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Sure, I know. Was meant in jest more than anything else. However, by the standards of how at-fault penalties are employed by stewards in F1, I'm not sure why it is exempt.

20. donthaveanickname

Vettel wrecked himself. You can't overtake there, at least you can't overtake Verstappen.

21. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Dude how is Vettel a 4 time champ?

I question his moves. He drives like a complete rookie. I get you’re desperate but you’re supposed to be a pro.

Plus you know the guy has to serve a penalty. What a moron.

donthaveanickname likes this.
  22. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I tend to agree that Vettel came in too hot there and picked the wrong spot.

I'm glad I'm not a bigger Ferrari fan. These constant f*ck-ups are just depressing.

23. Reck

Reck Enrique?

So Vettel crashes, spins and loses all positions and is still faster than most?

Lol

24. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

If it's one stop race, I don't understand why Ferrari wouldn't pit Vettel now or very soon so he can run faster laps in clean air and pass all of the slow cars in front of him that way.

25. Kiante

Kiante Team Owner

Vettel had the best car in the field with those championships.

He just need to clean up his driving some because he has the speed. He just looks a bit ragged now for some reason.

gnomesayin likes this.
  26. donthaveanickname

Sometimes I wonder how F1 is not losing fans. The stands are incredibly packed, not only at Suzuka but at nearly all the tracks.

27. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I think it's just the spectacle and to a lesser degree the sheer speed, which they still do a good job of selling in most markets, despite the less than race-y product.

donthaveanickname likes this.
  28. donthaveanickname

"Kimi has a very good overtaking button. "
    Thank you, Christian Danner.

29. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

I can't fathom the Ferrari strategy to short pit Raikkonen and dump him back in a bunch of traffic, and not short pit Vettel to get him out of the traffic, at least for now.

30. donthaveanickname

Yeah, Liberty is obviously doing a good job in marketing. F1 is still the most popular motor racing series even though NASCAR and MotoGP offer better racing.

LewTheShoe likes this.
  31. donthaveanickname

Now, will Kimi have to let Vettel by?

32. Reck

Reck Enrique?

Wingman Bottas can’t even keep Max behind.

33. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Mercedes must just be cruising to have allowed Verstappen to make up that much ground. He has been faster than both for the last third of the race, after falling behind early.

34. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

He had his fair share of moments at Red Bull too. He just won had better cars those four years than Ferrari have ever given him so people have forgotten for the most part. Although it may have been young and moody Vettel then and desperate Vettel now.

LewTheShoe, gnomesayin and Reck like this.
  35. gnomesayin

gnomesayin Team Owner

Ricciardo has also had a strong race after starting 15th. Ferrari are just out to lunch to allow Raikkonen to get beaten this badly by Ricciardo with that starting position.

Good for Kimi that he wouldn't pull over for Vettel, though obviously it's because he has nothing to lose at this point.

36. Reck

Reck Enrique?

I was hoping for a payback switch at the front but Bottas is so slow he can barely keep Max out of DRS.

He ain’t winning a race this year.

37. donthaveanickname

Nah, I also would like to see Bottas win one this year, but on his own.

38. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

Crofty is delusional if he thinks Ricciardo is going to catch Max from 6 seconds back and actually pass him in three laps.

39. Reck

Reck Enrique?

On the bright side, Vettel got fastest lap of the race.

Hamilton can take two racing weekends off and still win the championship. Ouch

40. FLRacingFan

FLRacingFan Team Owner

10 laps was about all I needed to see of that. Cool track. Not so much passing.