F1: Round 7 Canada

Reck

Team Owner
Your top 3 are:

1.Vettel
2.Bottas
3.Verstappen

Place your bets right now, boys.

How long til Max wipes out the top 2? First corner? End of the lap? When?

I know Mercedes has Bottas up there in second but they were lacking serious speed. Wouldn't be shock if neither of them make it to the podium, honestly.

Raikkonen must love his choke noodles because he ****** up again in quali.

The first two corners here are ripe for crashing. Wouldn't surprise me if it happened right at the start. Only Ferrari and Mercedes up front are starting on ultrasofts (everyone else in Top 10 on hypers) so even more reason why it could happen.

My local ABC station is showing the Puerto Rican Day parade instead of the race. What a bunch of bologna.

Wow about the local ABC affiliates not showing the race.

Red Bull really out-foxed Mercedes there.

Ricciardo is driving too fast for his own good. Hamilton would be way less inclined to want him at Mercedes for fear of getting his ass kicked.

Vettel pumping fastest laps on old tires? This thing is wrapped.

Optimal race for him. Hamilton won't even sniff podium today.

Yeah I think so. I am surprised they are getting one stops on this soft trio of tires.

Probably going to help cost Hartley his job there.
Well if so, we get to see him back in a prototype putting in fast laps one after another. That
wouldn't be a bad thing , well, except his wallet -(lol).

My local ABC station is showing the Puerto Rican Day parade instead of the race. What a bunch of bologna.
The downside of having a sport covered on one of the major networks: the local affiliates have the option to override with local programming. I always hated it when the local stations would override Busch races on Saturday with the local college games.

Incidentally, bologna is German, not Puerto Rican.

I come home, turn on Michigan, see it raining and turn here around lap 35. I see Vettel make what I assume will be his only stop with a 25-second lead. He comes out with a 5 second lead. I switch to golf.

Is anyone getting terrible quality from the broadcast?

It's like watching tv on an non HD TV model. Severe frame rates. I'd look for a redditt stream but at this point, this race seems on autopilot anyways so I guess I'll just stick with it.

Is anyone getting terrible quality from the broadcast?

It's like watching tv on an non HD TV model. Severe frame rates. I'd look for a redditt stream but at this point, this race seems on autopilot anyways so I guess I'll just stick with it.
WatchESPN perhaps. I've seen on Twitter other people in NYC complaining about the quality too.

I'm streaming from ESPN app because I'm out working. It's normal there.

Alonso to IndyCar in 2019 could be so fun. Seeing him reduced to this crap year after year is not.

The downside of having a sport covered on one of the major networks: the local affiliates have the option to override with local programming. I always hated it when the local stations would override Busch races on Saturday with the local college games.

Incidentally, bologna is German, not Puerto Rican.
I thought bologna was Italian.

Alonso to IndyCar in 2019 could be so fun. Seeing him reduced to this crap year after year is not.

Yes to this. I've been wanting that to happen ever since he ran the indy 500 and did exceptionally well for his first time. Ironically his car blew up too lol.

Alonso accomplished everything he set out to do in F1.

How do you ruin Canada like this?

This race has been about as bland as it could be.

I always look forward to this race, but I have been thoroughly disappointed.
Certainly has fallen short of the hype. Hasn't even been too much
going on midpack back.

Btw Kimi should be gone man, I love the guy, but his race pace is just so mediocre at times.
I'd love to see Kvyat or Gio in that seat, it's just so old watching Kimi waste that ride every year. Daniil and Gio apparently do awesome work in the sims back at the factory that have helped Vettel land pole on Saturday after being off of the pace on Fridays.

I'd love to see Kvyat or Gio in that seat, it's just so old watching Kimi waste that ride every year. Daniil and Gio apparently do awesome work in the sims back at the factory that have helped Vettel land pole on Saturday after being off of the pace on Fridays.

Sauber is committed to Ericsson's money, I'd like to see a year of Gio and Leclerc at Sauber. It would be a great battle tbh.

Kvyat would have a chance at winning a race or two IMO. Kimi has been at Ferrari for five years, and has had at best 2 chances to win, that not good enough. He is either running behind Vettel no where near him or where he is now

A full minute between the last of the Ferrari/Red Bull/Mercedes group and the next car.
People talk about pairity in NASCAR, but the pairity in F1 is the worse it's ever been. No chance of teams like Force India or Renault getting podiums without RB, Mercedes, and Ferrari having issues. They don't come close on pace. Gone are the days of Stewart, Jordan, Benetton (after Schumacher), and BAR fighting for podiums and wins with the big boys

Back
Top Bottom