Fall Classic at IRP

N

NateDogg

The Fall Classic at indy was this past weekend and I went with my cousin to watch him race. The biggest classes there was Comp Eliminator and Super Quick. We are in super quick and for those that don't know what super quick is look up nhra.com division 3 or I can tell ya its pretty much an 1/8th mile run that you can't go faster than 4.5, body cars get 2 tenths, and the one closest to the dial in wins. Now there were just shy of 80 cars attempting to qualify for this thing. Last year my cousin Mike ran a 4.54 and qualified 11th, this year he ran a 4.54 and qualified 20th. Not to mention he was the only small block N/A car that made the field. Heh, small block, big heart.
So let the 1st round begin. Now when cometitors see the plain white car with the little engine next to them they like to play the game. This is how it works, they assume Mike will have a bad light and they will put a wheel up on him to try and make him run faster than 4.50. They got it figured out that every blurp of the throttle slows them a tenth or whatever. Didn't work. Mike nailed it.
Round 2(pic pictured below) Same game. The body car wanted to play the game but later when we talked to him again said then he never heard the car and couldn't see. Heh, he ran under 4.50. Bummer for him. The track is warming up and we ran a 56.
Third round we faced another small block but he was juiced. Perhaps he was on the juice too because he red lighted. Lots of red lights over the weekend, I believe it was lots of these guys not used to the LED lights. We ran a 57.
Semis, got the guy that was 4th in points before this event. Simply he dialed in at 4.59 and ran a 4.591, so pretty much the only run that would beat him was a perfect run, and we nearly did. Mike red lighted by .008, eight one thousandts. What do you do about that? holy crap thats close. His run by the way was dialed in at 4.56 and he ran a 4.560. Tough loss, but all in all was a great weekend. Love it.

You know some of these guys with 600+ cubic inches and the works should be almost ebarrased for lack of effeciency on their engine, heh, I guess they are compesating for something.

had to resize the pic

Attachments

• red.JPG
    red.JPG
    125.5 KB · Views: 65
Hey! How 'bout spent hours to back up a few tenths! I hate that when that happens!

haha, the mystery remains.

hey windsor, hows it going? car up and running or is it in the cage until next year?

Man I'm on the verge of ordering parts...can't wait. JUst found out someone is running a similar set up in a Pro 5.0 car and put down some 6.40s in testing. I know this big steel Mustang will dive dep into the 7s.

7's wow, thats fast. Can you get any info off that pro 5.0 car?

Do get National Dragster? There is a good pic of my cousin in that semi final race at the finish line there. Pretty cool.

Hey that's cool about your Cousin....about that Pro 5.0 car...dang short term memory LOL!!!...who the heck was that? Let me see what I can dif up?...WAs it Billy Glidden?...let me clear the cob webs!

Hey, buy the way, I just might get another set of heads that what I was planning. A fella just is finishing up the ports and he offers a 6 bolt configuration for SBF!!! I'd has to wled the bosses onto my block for the inside and outside bolts. Last weekend he told me he got 440cfm at 1" lift and 420 at .600"...I gotta seem.

He's showing it's little brother at PRI. Afterwards, he needs to finish up the exhaust port. Say's he'll send it to me to flow!...can't wait!

Back
Top Bottom