fans cost at races

D

dan

we have discussed na$car on several threads today but all we are doing is talking and the rich get richer and the poor get poorer in this sport. before long (and i hope it does not) i feel that nascar will fall along the same road with enronn (or how ever you spell it) break your employees which in our case are the fans:( we all work hard all week to make a paycheck and pay our bills have you gone to a nascar race where you have spent less than $600 for four hrs of entertainment. the motels jack their rates from $50 to $150 or $175 die cast cars which are worth $20 sell for $60 but like the rest of you i pay it. just think if we all went to a race which has a seat that i pay $100 for and i can only get one check on it and pay $3.00 for a hot dog which is cold and only payed for my seat what would that seat cost next year too much cost

Hey dan, The Na$ca$h thing has totally turned me off from going to races. The FAN doesn't really seem to matter to them, only $$$$.

That's why I follow races via the tube and was even willing to pay $20 for racecast.

Once again I need to ask,

Does NASCAR set the ticket prices at all the tracks??

Does NASCAR establish and get $$ from the hotels and other amenity industries which arise from its existence??

This complaint is as much directed at the times in which we live, perhaps even more so. than it is to NASCAR.

California Speedway......April 28, 2002: Two seats @ 50 bucks each (we like the low seats so that's a good price as far as we are concerned), two round trip tickets on Metrolink (Amtrak) for race @ 25 bucks each, offered program at gate for 20 bucks (we declined!!), walked the mall and shopped but we already had hats and stuff so bought nothing, got hungry and had 2 hot dogs @ 3 bucks each and two waters @ 3 bucks each, thought about a beer but @ 6 bucks each decided water was just fine and as leaving track we got 2 lemonades @ 4 bucks each. Grand total for race was 170 bucks!! Not bad I guess but we sure were thristy!!:) Year before we got hats and souveniors so we spent maybe 250 that year! If they would just lower the price of water to about a dollar we probably would have spent more!!:)

The pricing of everything is supply and demand. Once they reach the point were the price hurts the overall sales, then it'll start to turn around. IMHO

Back
Top Bottom