Fans of Queen

buckaroo

Here kitty, kitty, kitty
Today on NPR radio (yeah, this conservative listens to the very liberal NPR now and then) Terri Gross interviewed Brian May, founding member of the group Queen. I never knew! This guy has a PhD in Astrophysics. No wonder I loved Queen. I understood Brian May. Anyway, the interview was very interesting and of course, the majority of it was about Queen. Brian said, hard to believe...that production was a big thing for him. I never saw a concert of theirs, but I've heard many stories about how elaborate they were. But Brian said that Freddy was really much more about the productions than he was. Who woulda guessed that. Brian wrote the song "Rock Me" which was the introduction to "We Are the Champions". He said that it came together quickly, just as "We Are the Champions" did for Freddy. Freddy wrote "Bohemian Rhapsody" and Terri asked Brian what he meant with the lyrics. Brian said that they never talked about what was meant by any of the lyrics by any song so he didn't know. It was just something that they just never did. I learned a lot about this group that I loved. I also learned that they were very surprised that the US market was very hard on Freddy Mercury because of his sexual persuasion. That never bothered me and in fact I always thought Freddy was gay, but Brian said that in the beginning of their gig, Freddy didn't always bed down the guys. Great interview Dr. May.

Somehow, buck, I knew that May was a PhD. Just a bit of trivia I picked up somewhere.

I fell in love with Queen the day I went to see Flash Gordon with Sam Jones --- a totally forgettable movie, but the music BLEW ME AWAY.

I have just about every album they did.

Back
Top Bottom