Father/Daughter talk.

B

bowtie

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth.

She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich & more welfare programs. In the middle of her heart-felt diatribe, based upon the lectures she had from her far left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school.

She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary."

She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies."

But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to her friend who only had a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair equal distribution of GPA."

The daughter visibly shocked by the fathers suggestion angrily fired back, "That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."

Originally posted by Old Ironhead@Nov 14 2003, 03:31 PM
Do you know what happens when assume bowtie?
yep...........ass/u/me................ ;)

Ty.Look I don't care which party a President candidate is in,just as long as I think he is the right man for the job,i thought that about Reagan,Clinton and Ross Perot. I didn't want Bush or Gore in 2000. Of course I shouldn't be bitching 'cause I didn't vote back then.But since then I have become more politically aware.I just think Bush is a puppet to those in his administration and really has never had too many original thoughts. And the more I researched him,the more I find that he has a lot in common with Clinton morally in his past.But I gotta give Clinton credit,even tho he was morally bankrupt and his dealings with China were practically traitorous,he was so good politically he made me not hate him,and I kick myself in the ass for it,I won't make that mistake again with W. And you should really check out this website, http://www.newamericancentury.org/
http://www.newamericancentury.org/Rebuildi...casDefenses.pdf & these as well http://www.whatreallyhappened.com/archives...deceptions.html

:boxing:

Attachments

• goeringquote.jpg
    goeringquote.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 152
I guess you both are younger than my kids (ages 33 & 35), but they, like me do not comment on their political belief in public.
Other than saying that, NO COMMENT!

I'm 36 and old enough to remember the Iran-Contra scandal kat.And I remember the hostages held in Iran,and I barely remember watching Nixon resign on TV. and just because you choose to censor yourself,does not mean I should follow suit.I'm not scared to tell anyone what I believe no matter who likes it or dislikes it.

Attachments

• liberty.jpg
    liberty.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 125
Originally posted by kat2220@Nov 14 2003, 07:50 PM
I guess you both are younger than my kids (ages 33 & 35), but they, like me do not comment on their political belief in public.
Other than saying that, NO COMMENT!
We were taught the same way,kat. Posturing and all the griping doesn't help any Ironhead. 'Specially when you said in your reply you didn't even vote!

Shame on you for acting like this in public anyhow! :(

Don'y worry I'll be voting in this election,And Shame on me....hmmmm....I don't wanna get banned for swearing at you so no comment. Oh I almost forgot. Howard Dean....GO MAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Attachments

• howard_dean.gif
    howard_dean.gif
    3.4 KB · Views: 125
Ironhead, I am not censoring myself. I don't believe in airing my personal political or religious beliefs in a public forum. I can be very stubborn, opionated and argumentative in person, but I do try to keep an open mind which can be changed. I'm just an old Hippie! :D :waver: :salute:

God Bless Our Wonderful Country which not only allows us the freedom to have our own opinions, but also to express and defend them!

Attachments

• A_prayer_for_our_troops.jpg
    A_prayer_for_our_troops.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 157
Originally posted by Old Ironhead@Nov 15 2003, 04:17 AM
Don'y worry I'll be voting in this election,And Shame on me....hmmmm....I don't wanna get banned for swearing at you so no comment. Oh I almost forgot. Howard Dean....GO MAN GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Man, I'm rooting for General Wesley Clark.

Anyway, c'mon guys lets just agree to disagree on this issue but uh. Ironhead what'dya say we start a topic bashing nazis er I mean conservatives

Back
Top Bottom