Kyle Busch
Kurt Busch
Danica Patrick :wub:

Kyle Larson
Whoever is driving for KBM

I like a bunch of guys, but Kyle Busch comes first and foremost :headbang:
Kyle Larson is now my 2nd favorite, I've been following him since k&N
I also like Biffle, Smoke, Kahne, Kenseth, Ambrose, Jamie Mac, and Bowyer
Nationwide-Chase Elliott, James Buescher, Chris Buescher, Dylan Kwasniewski, Regan Smith
Trucks-Ryan Blaney, Darrell Wallace Jr., Erik Jones

I really liked Nelson Piquet Jr. But he fell off the face of the earth

1. Dale Jr.
2. Larson
3. Keselowski
4. Darrel Wallace Jr.
5. Kurt Busch

Making their way up in rankings
6. Logano
7.Kyle Busch
8. Kenseth
9. Johnson
10. Hamlin

Usually only root for top 5 though

I like a bunch of guys, but Kyle Busch comes first and foremost

I really liked Nelson Piquet Jr. But he fell off the face of the earth

I think Piquet Jr lost some credibility after his actions at Richmond last year

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang. Almost everybody.
Number One is Gordo.
Then I like all of SHR minus Danica.
Respect kybu's talent but root against him.
Larson, Bowyer (!), Johnson, Edwards, Logano, keselowski, jr, truex....
Man, is that too many? Might even have forgotten one or two.
I'm also rooting for Chase all the way in Nationwide.

Jimmie Johnson

I also actively root for Kurt Busch.

Chase Elliott is my favorite in Nationwide, and will probably be my second favorite once he make it to Cup.

Jeff Gordon is my number one. It's been that way since I was 5 years old.

I really like Kyle Larson though.... I've had my eye on him the last couple years(probably later 2011), I've been on the 'bandwagon' for awhile, his poise, charisma, age, the region he's from. He reminds me of myself in an alternate universe, he grew up a 24 fan... He will race anything, anywhere, anytime. There are others that do that too but they are all assholes it seems.

and the first live race I watched him race, less than a week ago, he won in the fashion I always knew he was capable. The next day I watched him STEAL his first top 5 in the cup series. It reminded me of my first NASCAR race in '99. I was already a die hard 24 fan and I watched him dominate the entire weekend from the infield in Fontana. He's got me, I'm ****** sold. The future.

Other people I've enjoyed pulling for through the past couple decades..off the top of my head in no order..

Jamie Mac
Brian Vickers
Kenny Schrader
Martin Truex, Jr.
Dave Blaney(for Bill Davis Racing in particular)
Mark Martin
AJ Allmendinger
Ricky Rudd
Dale jr the past couple years. I used to hate. Love the 'comeback'
The Labontes(except for Justin)
The Burtons
Darrell Wallace, Jr.
Kurt Busch(screw his brother)

Last edited:
Martin Truex Jr
Dale Jr
Kevin Harvick
Kyle Busch
Tony Stewart
Jimmie Johnson
Jeff Gordon
Austin & Ty
Darrell Wallace
Kyle Larson

Kevin Havick is the only driver whos shirts, hats, stickers, etc. that I buy.

Dale Jr.
Smoke
Larson
Keselowski

Many other drivers that I respect.

Danica Patrick
Kenzie Rushton
Aryton Senna
Smoke
Jeff Gordon
Busch Brothers
Larson

Clint 'Lets go for a spin' Bowyer
Brad 'our gang' Keselowski
Jeff 'roll over' Gordon
Jimmie 'Robo driver' Johnson
Danica 'sheet stirring' Patrick
Kyle 'wha' Busch (Wha because someone told me there is no new Kyle)
Kyle 'take the wheel' Larson
Dale 'what's my bracket' Earnhardt
Joey 'loafing around' Logano
Greg 'Bug eyed' Biffle
Tony 'Blocking Professor' Stewart
Matt 'Girlie Sperm' Kenseth (3 daughters?)
Denny 'Can't see past my nose' Hamlin
Kurt 'Lets talk' Busch
Kasey 'mammaries are 4 kids' Kahne

Where would the sport be without them?

Tony Stewart
Trevor Bayne
Matt Kenseth
Kyle Larson
Of late, I'm liking Dale Jr. more and more.

1. Tony Stewart...been cheering for him since the start of the 2000 season
2. Jeff Gordon...he was my 1st favourite when I started watching nascar as a kid and I really wanna see him get to 100 wins

My absolute favorites are Junior, Brad, and Kurt.

Honorable mention, literally every other driver except for Hamlin and Gordon, and my dislike of those two has dropped considerably. Don't tell anyone, but I'm actually wearing a Gordon shirt for the first time in ages as I type this. ;)

The only reason I even dislike Gordon is because I'm still holding on to what he did to Bowyer in 2012 at Phoenix, but Bowyer has had his little issues since then. And honestly, as silly as this is, I have to admit that the car chase commercial Gordon did thawed my icy heart out a little.

As for Hamlin, it's hard to continue to hate a guy that I saw finish second at Darlington last year with a still-healing broken back. That was a hell of a drive. The little annoying things he does and says that I used to find irritating actually crack me up these days, like his "all we do is win" and "any questions?" comments and whatnot. For me, Hamandcheeseonrye definitely fits the definition of a driver I love to hate.

Gordon
Harvick
Johnson
Dale Jr.
Larson

Bayne
Regan Smith
Chase Elliott
Hornish Jr.
J. Buescher

Jeb Burton
Ryan Blaney
Darrell Wallace Jr.

I don't really think I dislike any of them. Most of the rest I'm indifferent towards or they just aren't my favorites. I can probably find a reason to like any of them at some point or another.

Haha. We all like all the drivers. I guess we don't care who wins as long as we're watching!

In chronological order from 1960's- present

David Pearson
Bill Elliott
Davey Allison

Since Davey's death I have not been a one driver fan for the most part.

Dale Jr.
Jack Ingram
Harry Gant
Mark Martin
Tony Stewart
Kyle Larson
I will pull for Dale Jr. in most races today.

Well being from down here in Australia I am a Marcos Ambrose fan.

Also a fan of Tony Stewart, Started when I did a Petty driving experience and drove his car (well a car that had his stickers), so I formed a bond with this experience. Sure Tony is Tony, however I get a laugh at his interviews as well, cutting humour.

In saying that though though there really are many drivers that I am a fan of and to sum it up better, its the racing I am a fan of. V8 tin top sedan racing with banging and bumping driving right on the egde.... boo-yeah!

Also as time goes on some drivers that I was not a fan of have developed or more so proven themselves to get out of the 'dark spot' that they were in.

Yeah, @BamaFan, I've mentioned this before, but Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison were my favorites when I was a wee lad. My late father was always a Ford guy so naturally I was too. When they died in '93, Mark Martin and Dale Jarrett became my favorites. Of course, I liked Ernie Irvan too.

Once '03 or '04 rolled around, I was still a Ford fan but I liked Mikey too, so I started cheering for him, and then I started jumping all over the place. Of the Ford guys, Elliott Sadler and Kurt Busch were my favorites. When Juan Pablo came into the sport in '06 or '07, I hopped on his bandwagon. I had always liked Jamie McMurray too, and a year or two after he joined Roush, he became my favorite, and I still really like him. 2010 was a great year to be a McMurray fan.

Then my dad died in January of 2011, and as I was watching the races that year, I found myself cheering for Dale Earnhardt Jr., who I was never a fan of in the past because I couldn't stand all of his casual fans. I knew he was in a bit of a slump though, and by then he had a ton of haters and a lot of those bandwagon fans had already abandoned him. I started liking him because I felt like I was going through a situation that was, in some ways, similar to his. He had lost his dad, a guy that was at the top of his field and that a lot of people knew, loved, and respected - same as me. Everyone then set all these lofty expectations for him to meet, thinking he would be as good as his father, but he wasn't and they were disappointed - again, same as me. But in spite of all that, he was his own man, and I respected that. He was the only driver that I was always excited to root for, regardless of whether or not he was winning races. By the time the Coke 600 rolled around and he ran out of gas while leading on the last lap, I knew I had found my new favorite driver, and he'll be my #1 favorite until he retires.

Haha. We all like all the drivers. I guess we don't care who wins as long as we're watching!

Nope.

I dont like all drivers.

Actually dont like many of them because they're either drivers that cant cut it and are always in the way or act all fake/wannabe touch guys for the cameras.

Gordon
Edwards
Johnson

Exactly in that order.

Used to like Jimmie alot more in his early years but his winning ways has me like..I still like you man but GTFO already.

Nope.

I dont like all drivers.

Actually dont like many of them because they're either drivers that cant cut it and are always in the way or act all fake/wannabe touch guys for the cameras.

Gordon
Edwards
Johnson

Exactly in that order.

Used to like Jimmie alot more in his early years but his winning ways has me like..I still like you man but GTFO already.

Dude! Edwards is the epitome of fake/wannabe tough guy... and look back to Edwards/Kenseth punch psyche-out.. looking all hard in his Metal Mulisha tee.

Oh ****, my bad wrong love/hate thread. :D

That said, I always thought he was SUPER fake on camera, I've heard stories through this forum about his generosity, though. Defo a good dude on more than one occasion.

Dude! Edwards is the epitome of fake/wannabe tough guy... and look back to Edwards/Kenseth punch psyche-out.. looking all hard in his Metal Mulisha tee.

Oh ****, my bad wrong love/hate thread.

Excellent.

Thanks for taking the bait Dun.

I purposefully left that Carl can be a little roided up sometimes but when people say things like he's fake and all that's BS.

Look at everything he's done off the track and you'll realize how cool and real of a guy he is.

He's often giving his actual trophies away to people in need or just because he feels is right.

One that sticks to mind is the one he dedicated and gave to Steve Byrnes.

BWtz4zOCEAA4geW.jpg:large

Ain't no fake/wannabe be doing that.

Sorry bro but I dont see anyone else in NASCAR giving away what they value most.

Excellent.

Thanks for taking the bait Dun.

I purposefully left that Carl can be a little roided up sometimes but when people say things like he's fake and all that's BS.

Look at everything he's done off the track and you'll realize how cool and real of a guy he is.

He's often giving his actual trophies away to people in need or just because he feels is right.

One that sticks to mind is the one he dedicated and gave to Steve Byrnes.

BWtz4zOCEAA4geW.jpg:large

Ain't no fake/wannabe be doing that.

Sorry bro but I dont see anyone else in NASCAR giving away what they value most.

I know look at the rest of my post. Haha

I used to think Carl was the most fake guy in professional sports...but then I got to know his marketing guy pretty well, and heard some cool stories. He told me how down to earth. low maintenance, and fun Carl was to work with - things I never would have assumed based on how he acted in front of the camera. He can come across like he's faking it, but apparently not. Carl does stop and talk to a lot of people in the garage...more than most. I've always liked that about him.

Every driver who finishes in the top ten gets a really nice trophy in Vegas at the banquet. It's a driver trophy, with the driver's name on it, not a team trophy...in fact, I'm not even sure it has a team name on it. Most drivers take their trophy off stage after their speech and hand it to a person whose job it is to ship the trophy to the driver. Last year, after Kurt finished his speech, he took it back to the Furniture Row table, gave the trophy to owner Barney Visser and said, "this is yours and the team's...it belongs in Denver." And that's where it is today. (And...if you ever happen to meet Furniture Row GM Joe Garone...ask him about having to carry that heavy glass trophy around Vegas for the rest of the night...you'll get a funny story...)

Current drivers...
Brad Keselowski
Jamie MacMurray
Kyle Larson has impressed lately.

retired...
KP
Rusty
Ricky Rudd

To
Yeah, @BamaFan, I've mentioned this before, but Alan Kulwicki and Davey Allison were my favorites when I was a wee lad. My late father was always a Ford guy so naturally I was too. When they died in '93, Mark Martin and Dale Jarrett became my favorites. Of course, I liked Ernie Irvan too.

Once '03 or '04 rolled around, I was still a Ford fan but I liked Mikey too, so I started cheering for him, and then I started jumping all over the place. Of the Ford guys, Elliott Sadler and Kurt Busch were my favorites. When Juan Pablo came into the sport in '06 or '07, I hopped on his bandwagon. I had always liked Jamie McMurray too, and a year or two after he joined Roush, he became my favorite, and I still really like him. 2010 was a great year to be a McMurray fan.

Then my dad died in January of 2011, and as I was watching the races that year, I found myself cheering for Dale Earnhardt Jr., who I was never a fan of in the past because I couldn't stand all of his casual fans. I knew he was in a bit of a slump though, and by then he had a ton of haters and a lot of those bandwagon fans had already abandoned him. I started liking him because I felt like I was going through a situation that was, in some ways, similar to his. He had lost his dad, a guy that was at the top of his field and that a lot of people knew, loved, and respected - same as me. Everyone then set all these lofty expectations for him to meet, thinking he would be as good as his father, but he wasn't and they were disappointed - again, same as me. But in spite of all that, he was his own man, and I respected that. He was the only driver that I was always excited to root for, regardless of whether or not he was winning races. By the time the Coke 600 rolled around and he ran out of gas while leading on the last lap, I knew I had found my new favorite driver, and he'll be my #1 favorite until he retires.
totally forgot Dale Jarrett, I pulled for him as well.

Your avatar reminds me..my aunt LOVED Davey. She quit following racing when he passed away she was so upset. I liked him too-
classy all the way all the time

As a DW fan from back in the day, I'd have to disagree with that. Davey was a good guy most of the time, but he had a stick up his ass when it came to DW.

There wasn't any love lost between Bobby and DW, so I always figured it was a carry over that.

Clint Bowyer
Matt Kenseth
Kyle Busch
Jimmie Johnson
Carl Edwards

Those are probably the top 5, but I root for a lot of the other guys as well

Back
Top Bottom