Fernando Alonso: McLaren driver says F1 is 'too controlled'

Alonso is correct in many ways and I dont care to defend a vulture like Bernie.
But racing has to be much tougher to regulate than one can imagine.
Technology and development always increases at a faster pace than common sense.
I want the prevention of things like traction control. I also want to see races driven by drivers that respond to the real elements, with as little electronic help as possible.

But even with the best intentions it is impossible to keep up and contol the technology. And it is a necessary task otherwise we would have something like 300mph speeds. And it would be the 50,60s and 70s killer years all over again.
This is not just a dilemma for F1. We cant have cars approching those speeds in May at Indianapolis, or on Nascars restrictor plate tracks.

Fernando Alonso? A "hack"?

Perhaps you can clarify?

I'm mostly venting. He destroyed Hamilton's lap as the clock expired and the caution came out while Rosberg was able to continue his lap at full speed.

There are parts of F1 that are contrivances... DRS, KERS and regulations that strangle competition... tokens, grid penalties that hamstring a team from REALLY competing. Look at McLaren, yes, they're aren't all that competitive, but since they're is a strangle hold on testing, the races are their testing !! It's ridiculous and they really should entertain allowing testing on a less than 1990's free reign basis.
Where has the racing gone ? Now drivers are "Saving Tires", reaccessing themselves is of paramount importance
They seem to want to stop one team's dominance, but dominance has been a foundational element of auto racing since they started in 1904 (or whatever). But F1 has used regulations to change dominance, it's no surprise that Mercedes stepped into the limelight once engine specs were changed and left Red Bull out in the cold.

Insofar as Alonso being a hack... well, look at it this way. These guys are all cut from the same cloth. Any one of them would pull antics like that if given the chance... this is no longer "Gentlemanly Racing". That, sadly, disappeared many years ago. We're now saddled with stupid incidence like Hamilton/ Rosberg, Vettel/Webber and on and on and on and on...

Back
Top Bottom