Ferrari unveil the F2004 in Maranello

K

KaseyKahne_9_38

Ferrari have officially launched the car they hope will bring them a sixth consecutive constructors’ championship this season. The covers came off the F2004 on Monday morning at the team’s headquarters in Maranello, Italy.

The new machine is a further evolution of last year’s F2003-GA, though every part of the car has been redesigned in a bid to make optimum use of the new Ferrari 053 V10 engine and Bridgestone’s latest tyres.

Technical Director Ross Brawn described the car as the best Ferrari they had yet produced, adding that the team had learnt many lessons from last year.

"Our analysis of the 2003 season has highlighted the areas where we were strong and those where we were weak," he said. "Certainly, we did not react aggressively enough to the opportunities presented by the 2003 regulation changes and for 2004, we have worked to ensure that we will not make the same mistake."

The F2004 is lighter than its predecessor, with a lower centre of gravity and improved aerodynamics. Revised front and rear suspension should endow the car with improved handling, as well as allowing it to make more efficient use of its Bridgestone rubber.

The 053 engine and its seven-speed titanium gearbox retain the same layout as in the F2003-GA, but are of an all-new design, using new materials to make the package lighter and smaller.

The new Ferrari has already passed its major FIA crash tests and is expected to make its testing debut later this week at Fiorano with Michael Schumacher at the wheel. The team's test programme will then continue throughout February at Fiorano, Mugello and Imola.
:salute: :headbang:

Attachments

• ferrari03_260104_172.jpg
    ferrari03_260104_172.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 177
Originally posted by Stan@Jan 28 2004, 11:55 AM
B) Lovley car
i know.... i attend Germany and Indy 4 nothing... Shumi brothers are good friends with my uncle

Originally posted by KaseyKahne_9_38+Jan 28 2004, 06:59 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (KaseyKahne_9_38 @ Jan 28 2004, 06:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Stan@Jan 28 2004, 11:55 AM
B) Lovley car
i know.... i attend Germany and Indy 4 nothing... Shumi brothers are good friends with my uncle [/b][/quote]
Show-off! hehe. :D

Our Ferrari is a beauty. :wub:

I'm silently confident about this year...I think Ferrari was a bit conservative last year, so hopefully those words spoken by the main brains will come true, and get us another title. :p

Maybe Ferrari was only playing last year...to give the other teams a false sense of hope... :lol:

Big welcome to Kasey, great to have new F1 fans on the board, especially during the off season when there isnt much to talk about...

I took a good look over that car. Almost nothing changed on it... that is the outside of it. I hope the internal changes were as major as they sound or that might tell us ferrari wont keep up with the likes of mclaren and williams or maybe even renault...

Back
Top Bottom