Fictional Racetracks

kkfan91

Crab Cakes and Sprint Cars....PA does 1
We had a thread with tracks we designed...but I can't find it or remember what it was called...if someone can we can merge them.

But anyway,

I give you my unnecessarily long 5.17 mile 28 turn Philadelphia Street Circuit home of the Philadelphia Freedom 476
20210611_010813.jpg

antman12

Crew Chief
We had a thread with tracks we designed...but I can't find it or remember what it was called...if someone can we can merge them.

But anyway,

I give you my unnecessarily long 5.17 mile 28 turn Philadelphia Street Circuit home of the Philadelphia Freedom 476
View attachment 55879
The "U-turn" in front of the Museum Steps would be very fun to watch. In a fantasy world that this course would happen you could find me watching from the museum steps in my Jason Kelce-esk mummers costume :biggrin:.

If somebody could find the thread OP is referencing that would be cool, im very interested to check it out.

Speedbowl14

Ryan Preece and short tracks
This has always been my idea. A 1.25-1.75 mile track with a long/sweeping 1 and 2 a la California or Michigan. 3 and 4 are high-banked like Winchester or Bristol. The backstretch is a flat, very tight inverted dog-leg that requires drives to get off the throttle.

Attachments

• drawisland.png
    drawisland.png
    11.6 KB · Views: 19

RacerrecaR

Noodles belong in chili
If I win the lottery my dream has always been to build a racetrack. My vision is a 2.25 mile concrete paperclip as wide as Auto Club. 8 degree progressive banking in turns 1 & 2 and 35 degree banking in turns 3 & 4 with the straights having 0 degrees of banking. Turn 1 would be 50 feet lower than the beginning of the front stretch out of turn 4 (very heavy high-speed braking zone with tons of room to pass). Pit road entrance would start in the middle of 3 & 4 and the end of pit stall #1 would align with the start/finish line.

Top Bottom