Fire Sale soon @ Roush Fenway Racing

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
Robbie Reiser was relieved of his duties as general manager at Roush Fenway Racing on Tuesday, Motorsport.com has learned.

Reiser, 53, has been with the company for 17 seasons, first as a crew chief and eventually graduating to a managerial role.

Reiser has been offered a position in the car production side of RFR, but he has yet to decide where his future lies.

Neither Ricky Stenhouse Jr., Trevor Bayne or Greg Biffle finished inside the top 20 in the Sprint Cup standings this season. For the second year, there was not a Roush driver in the Chase. Roush Fenway Racing won both the 2003 and 2004 Cup titles and has amassed 135 wins in 29 seasons. The company’s last victory was earned with Carl Edwards in 2014.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...eneral-manager-of-roush-fenway-racing-852859/

Add Zest to the list of Biffle & Reiser

from jayski.....

Zest will not return to Roush Fenway: Zest announced Tuesday afternoon that they will not renew their sponsorship deal with Roush Fenway Racing:
"Since 2012, the Zest brand has enjoyed a successful relationship with Roush Feway Racing and the NASCAR community. We're proud to have been represented by drivers Ricky Stenhouse, Jr., Matt Kenseth and Chris Busescher during our successful sponsorship program.
We appreciate the support from NASCAR fans who welcomed and embraced our products over the past five years. Their loyalty had been key to the sccessful activation of our racing initiatives.
While we will no longer have a Zest car racing, we will continue to watch the races as fans and always cheer for the Roush Fenway Racing team, especially #17!"

I know obviously that this is optimistic Butt maybe reiser needed to go. Maybe change is what the team could need obviously he is a very established veteran but sometimes you just get too complacent and things need to change. As far as going to two cars that might be great for the organization maybe they don't have the quality of people to make the three cars run maybe they have the quality of people to make two cars run better.

As far as sponsorship they still have
Advocare
Fastenal
Lilly

Possibly
sunny d
fifth third
kleen
leidios

It's not like they're running around Roush performance/Ford EcoBoost cars out there every single week they still can be competitive at times people need to start thinking about this differently they need to start approaching it as if they're a team that's growing not a team that used to be this is used to be that you need to kind of erase the past and move forward in a new direction and use the resources that you have to improve not focus on the past.

Reiser isn't completely gone from Roush, is he? I understood he would be staying in an undetermined capacity, although that can obviously become an exit.

Reiser has been offered a position in the car production side of RFR, but he has yet to decide where his future lies.

I think this is a good move by Roush. SHR should do the same.
Get fresh incentive and things may improve.

You can do good with a good driver and mediocre equipment (Larson at Ganassi). You can do good with a mediocre driver and good equipment. You can't do good with mediocre drivers and mediocre equipment.

This organization was finished when Carl left and Bayne came. One hellova trade off

SHR had two cars in the Chase, and they're already bringing in Ford. Why would they require more changes now?
I have no faith in Zippy. They have 1 good car (4 ) and that is because of the CC mainly combined with a decent driver. If you can't get Kurt into the top 5 something needs to change.

Exactly my thoughts rfr could be folding up now. It looks to me like they will basically be a bk racing if they continue next year. All the sponsorship they did have this year was heavily discounted.

Team Penske needs to ( and has , I guess ) take control of this Ford operation . They need to provide expertise and leadership to the other Ford teams and Make Ford Great Again . Oh , and there is nothing to this global warming ....updates to follow .

You can do good with a good driver and mediocre equipment (Larson at Ganassi). You can do good with a mediocre driver and good equipment. You can't do good with mediocre drivers and mediocre equipment.

This organization was finished when Carl left and Bayne came. One hellova trade off

Roush was headed downhill long before Edwards left.

Roush Racing is certainly a cautionary tale for all business owners who resist change or lack the essentials to navigate it. With the pace of change these days it is easy to get left behind.

It's possible that the ousting of Reiser is a John Henry led decision. When the Red Sox spent a couple of years in the hole, he fired the GM, brought in a new one and things turned around.

I suppose it's entirely possible but other than the name I don't know if this Fenway group has anything to do with this team they certainly do not bringing anything for resources or sponsorship it seems like ever since the merger this team has sucked honestly.

I suppose it's entirely possible but other than the name I don't know if this Fenway group has anything to do with this team they certainly do not bringing anything for resources or sponsorship it seems like ever since the merger this team has sucked honestly.

I wish Fenway got more involved with the team, maybe things might turn around.

If you remember, John Henry and company bought the Red Sox in 2002 and they hadn't won a World Series since 1918. They have 3 since. They know how to turn teams around. I suspect that the problem is Jack.

It's possible that the ousting of Reiser is a John Henry led decision. When the Red Sox spent a couple of years in the hole, he fired the GM, brought in a new one and things turned around.

You bring up a good point as so far all the comments have been directed toward Jack but if memory serves John Henry has a 50% equity stake in RFR and he is not a fan of failure.

I can't believe Carl actually won 4 times there in his last two years. Probably will be the last driver to ever win a cup race for roush

Probably honestly probably the best thing to happen to this team could be that yates or somebody else comes in and buys jack out. But who knows he is the one who built it to its promiseland at one point nothing saying that he can't do it again it's just that the odds are against them

I have no faith in Zippy. They have 1 good car (4 ) and that is because of the CC mainly combined with a decent driver. If you can't get Kurt into the top 5 something needs to change.
SHR is miles ahead a RFR, both Kevin and Kurt found their way to victory lane this year, how many times did a FRF driver find their way to VL this year?, Kurt and Kevin both made it to the last round of the Chase, how many RFR drivers made it the final round of the Chase?. SHR has won two Championships in the last six years, how long has it been since RFR won a Championship ?

I do agree with you that the 4 team is the strongest , followed by the Kurt, and I do think Kurt's team has some work to do, but at the same, they had a very nice string of top 5 or 10 finishes going( dont remember) , so that say something as well, they are not as bad off as you are trying to suggest, just my opinion.

Austin Dillon got into the Chase this year. Their equipment is still good, they just don't have good drivers. Roush had bad drivers and bad equipment.

I see this a lot. What do you suppose is wrong with the equipment.?

Biffle should have left when everyone else did. He might actually be decent in a Gibbs car.

I see this a lot. What do you suppose is wrong with the equipment.?

What's holding Roush back then?

What was Front Row Motorsports doing right for Buescher? For a time he looked a lot more impressive than all three RFR drivers.

Personally, I hate to see this happening because I well remember when Roush was a force to be reckoned with.
I'd rather see a quick demise rather than this slow disintegration --- that's humiliating.
I agree with you wholeheartedly........ for years on end I had been a staunch supporter of Roush.. every since he started a team in '88........ He had been diehard FoMoCo all his life.... I loved it... he came in and fought an uphill battle against all the ''Good Ole Boy'' team owners.. and he done real good... like you said.... was a powerhouse posed to win each and every weekend.... for several years it made me proud to back Jack and his teams...... but.... you are right.... it is humiliating to see how that organization has plummeted to ''also rans''...... no chance in hell for them to even win a race much less compete for a Championship..... Being a FoMoCo fan.... (or at least used to be all my life.. now it really doesn't matter that much to me anymore with the advent of the COT cars and common templates) I am just so happy that Penske came over to carry the load that Jack couldn't bear.. without Penske.... FoMoCo might have as well gone the same road as Dodge..... just packed up their suitcase and gone home...... I am hoping with SHR coming into the fold next year it will strenghten Ford's stable as I just don't see Roush being able to sustain much longer.... and I hate that for Doug Yates.... I hope that doesn't affect him... I thought the world of Robert...... He started with Holman- Moody.... and worked his ass off to gain what he did..... those early years in the 90's with Roush, Yates, Jr. Johnson , the Elliotts..... in the mid 90's ...... T- Birds ...... still showroom rear drive cars competing against showroom front drive cars converted.... (like all are now)..... I just took great pride.....

R.I.P.

Roush Racing.........:(

Stenhouse gives me the impression he's trying to get stuff out of the car it doesn't have to give. He bounces the thing off the fence in the effort. Seems he tries. Withholding judgement for when and if he lands in something decent.

Bayne, don't know if he's any better than the equipment.

My thoughts 'n each could be totally wrong.

Stenhouse gives me the impression he's trying to get stuff out of the car it doesn't have to give. He bounces the thing off the fence in the effort. Seems he tries. Withholding judgement for when and if he lands in something decent.

Bayne, don't know if he's any better than the equipment.

My thoughts 'n each could be totally wrong.

Reminds me of Kurt Busch in Finch's car. He tore the damn thing up every week trying to push it farther than it will go.

What's holding Roush back then?

What was Front Row Motorsports doing right for Buescher? For a time he looked a lot more impressive than all three RFR drivers.
Based on how Stenhouse ran in Nationwide/Xfinity, I believe that he's a better wheelman than what we're seeing now. They just seem to be lacking speed.
Agree with both of you. I just don't think it's equipment.

I think it's a people problem. Just my opinion, of course.

Not sure whats been wrong with Roush.. But Team Penske has proven its not the engines. I feel like RFR could benefit greatly from a closer alliance with Penske.. Trade engines for chassis or info or something like that.

Im also looking forward to seeing if SHR will allign themselves with these teams. Not sure of that though.. I think the reason theyre switching to Ford is to get out from under the Hendrick umbrella.

Agree with both of you. I just don't think it's equipment.

I think it's a people problem. Just my opinion, of course.

I agree , people problems . Jack is hard on people . I never got over him firing the Parrotts . If it were simply equpment , why couldn't Ford and Penske put things right ?

Back
Top Bottom