fire

lisa

Kurt Busch fan
I caught my kitchen on fire yesterday. Of course, it was an accident but I feel awful. The kitchen, the smoke, I got lost running in the house, I fell down and lost my glasses, finally found the door. I had never seen black smoke in my life. It's ****** scary. Also one of my cats is missing. I feel like crap.
I'm on my phone tonight. I have to go back to the house tomorrow and get my Mac. It may not work now.

Here's some pictures.
IMG954411.jpg
IMG954411.jpg
IMG954410.jpg
IMG954417.jpg

Glad your ok

So sorry to hear this, Lisa. Glad you are OK. Hope you find the cat, too!

Wow, that's scary.

Glad you're all right, Lisa, and yes, it could certainly have been much worse.

I left a pan on the stove, forgot about it and left the house. Yeah, I'm an idiot.
Glad that you are OK, but I doubt that you've done anything that most haven't done at some time, except this time it did go up in flames. The kitchen can be rebuilt, people can't.

Holy crap! Glad to hear you're okay Lisa. The kitchen can be replaced - you cannot be.

Have you found him yet?

No. :(

Went by the house today and left some food and water out. Jennifer walked the neighborhood, talking to more neighbors, asking them to keep an eye out for him. He's so timid, he would never go to anyone but maybe they'd see him.

Everyone in the neighborhood knows about the fire, it was in the paper and on the local station.

Thank God you're ok. Scary stuff

Thank you, Mich.

Yeah, my heart rate tends to run high. It was 130 while the EMT's were taking care of me so they made me go to the hospital. I'm fine now.

The house smells to high heaven, gross smoke smell.

Glad that you are OK, but I doubt that you've done anything that most haven't done at some time, except this time it did go up in flames. The kitchen can be rebuilt, people can't.

Thank you. The shock is wearing off now. I am worried sick about Leo Bug, I feel so helpless.

I still have a house though, smelly but still standing.

Thank you. The shock is wearing off now. I am worried sick about Leo Bug, I feel so helpless.

I still have a house though, smelly but still standing.
I'm guessing that the insurance will take care of the rebuilding and the smoke smell. Many years ago we had friends that had a fire and the insurance company paid them for taking the clothes and washing them and I think that they can paint over the walls to seal in the smell. But yeah smoke smell does get to you.

Glad your safe Lisa, it will all work out, keep the faith.
Thanks sdj. I'm fine.

My kitty is still missing though. My heart is broken that he's gone.

OMG! I'm so glad your ok @lisa Thats the important thing right now. Material things can be replaced!

I know they can and thats good. I still can't live in my house, it stinks way too bad. Dangerous smoke smell.

My kitty is still missing though. My heart is broken that he's gone.

I was hoping you had found him by now. Hopefully he shows back up. We had a cat that went missing for over a year before he returned, and still don't know what happens to him when he disappears.

I went and looked for Leo, couldn't find him. I sat in my car and sobbed. I keep thinking of him out there alone.

It's like looking for a needle in a haystack. I never would have thought he would go far from home but it's looking like he did. He's very timid.

Have you put up posters? Someone might have taken him in.

Jennifer put him on a couple of pet missing web sites. There are fliers in all the vet offices here in town but yes, we need to take fliers around to the area where we think he might be. Jennifer posted him on Facebook and someone from town thought she saw him.

I love all my animals so much but Leo is my baby boy. He adores me and it kills me to think about him being scared and alone. He's very timid.

I've been struggling the past couple of days but good news today. The insurance adjuster called today, we're meeting Thursday am.

I also called to get the yard mowed. I've been putting it off, I dread going to the house. It'll get done tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom