Fittipaldi to Petty Ent.

kat2220

Super Moderator
Staff member
According to Totally Nascar, Christian Fittipaldi to drive 10-15 Busch and 10-15 Cup races as well as a limited ARCA run for Petty Enterprises in 2003.

Hope Christian can do well and make his way in Winston Cup.

In other words, he'll be doing the ABC deal, like Ryan Newman did last year. Good luck Christian.

He should be an interesting addition to the sport, I think he'll do well. But does that mean they'll be running a 4th Petty team for those 10-15 races?

Originally posted by rpmallen
He should be an interesting addition to the sport, I think he'll do well. But does that mean they'll be running a 4th Petty team for those 10-15 races?

Good question rpm, but remember this is silly season.

The formal announcement is supposed to be this weekend.

Sounds like another car doesn't it rpm?

When Christian is slated to go full time to WC in 2004, will he take one of the three existing WC cars or will PE field four full time WC rides?

Bet that decision is hold for another year, but next season could be Kyles last as full time driver. Would not surprise me at all.

I am looking forward to the PC tommrow. The things i exspect to hear about is
1) Christan and the ABC deal with HotWheels
2) Kyles Sponcer Harley Davidson/Coke
3) Bobby hamilton to drive 44
4) Kyles Retirement at the end of 2003 may run more racesbeyond
I hope #4 does not ahppen but that what i think unless kyle thinks that one of the other two cars will be empty after next year.

PettyBenson, I like your take on the situation, but one question. Why would Coke decide to sponsor one driver when they have been very successful with the CocaCola Family of Drivers format? I don't see that happening, but I absolutely could be wrong.

But on another note, I would be happy to see Kyle go out on a better note than he has the past few years. It is really heartwarming to hear how much the other drivers support his and Patty's salute to Adam and the Victory Junction Camp. He is truly a good soul!

I'm thinking a fourth team, but that's if Brawny stays. I'm sure they'll find a sponsor for the #45.

It would pretty much have to be a fourth team. I cant believe that they would ditch Nadue, or that team. And I really doubt that they would not only rid of Nadue but then cut that team down to 15 races a year. 4th team looks good to me.

Ye si think they will have a 4th car for those 15 races but when he moves up he might take the 45 ride.
and about Coke i think that they along with HD will sponcer a car and maybe not Coca-cola will be on it but maybe one of the other brands Coke has. COke has a ton of money and they still could spend as much as they do already forthe Coke Family and still more to be a 2nd sponcer on Kyles car.

Are you saying that Kyle Will be out of a ride next year? I for one hope not. Kyle is the Heart of that Orginization, they couldnt get along without him.

I think they'd fold the 44 before they fold the 45, even if that meant moving Georgia Pacific over to the 45.

Kyle wants to keep that team alive b/c that was his son's team, so I'm sure he'll do whatever takes, whether he's driving it or not, to keep it going.

Christan signed a 3 year deal and will run 10-15 Buch-and 10-15 Cup races and most Speedway Arca races just like Ryan Newman. The way it sounds to me is that they will run 2003 with the limited schedual and possiblt full time or again part time in 2004,
I think PE will run 4 cars when he does those 15 races but when he moves up full time it will stay a 3 car team with him driving the 45 in 2004 or 2005

Kyle is saying he will definitely be driving next year. Is still in search of a sponsor, but expects to make an announcement in about two months on that deal.

As of right now they have no sponsor for the Fittipaldi effort and are searching for that team as well.

Just glad that NASCAR got this overrated do nothing driver; two CART wins in seven years; yea he's Mr. Excitment. Petty can't find talent, Grissom?? Kyle and Chirstian have one thing in common -- living off of their last names.;)

Back
Top Bottom