Flu 2017/2018

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
I hardly ever get sick. When I get a cold it's usually only for a day of symptoms and a day of recovery.
We had a bad rash of the flu at my work in the past 30 days. Enough so that the county health department came in to take air samples and inspect our HVAC. 20 people called in sick in two days.
I finally caught the bug and it was bad for 24 hours; body aches, fever, chest congestion, headache, fatigue. I kicked this flu's ass in one day. This is a good recipe if you want to shorten the length of your symptoms.
At least 3,000 mgs of vitamin C daily when symptoms begin (Emergen C Immune +D powder, Emergen C chewables,) 500 mgs Zinc daily, Oscillococcinum every six hours, green tea all day, Nyquil Severe Cold and Flu at night, Luden's cough drops to sooth your throat.
I kicked the flu's ass in one day. I still have symptoms but they are minimal and I'm 80% better in one day. The fatigue and aches are gone. Sweated profusely with the chills last night but I was able to blow it out.
Try this recipe if you feel flu symptoms coming on.

I had what you describe just before and during Christmas, lasted 5 days. I will try the Oscillococcinum next go round.

Pretty sure I picked mine up on a flight back to Florida from Grand Rapids, Mi. as usual it was 2 weeks later when it hit.

Back
Top Bottom