Follow up to Ward and Duncan Children Story

H

HardScrabble

During an autograph session near Kansas City, driver Ward Burton met a boy named Dusty Duncan who needs surgery on a cleft lip.
Burton sent a security guard to find the boy and his parents after the autograph session to inquire about what Burton could do to help Dusty and his sister, Angie, who also has the condition.

After a Kansas City newspaper ran a story about the meeting and Burton's offer, the Shriners Hospitals for Children in Tampa, Fla., contacted Burton and offered to do the surgery for both children and do whatever they could to assist in treatment.

Fans interested in making donations in the Duncan childrens' names could send the money to their local Shriners group or mail it to the hospital at 2900 Rocky Point Drive, Tampa, Fla. 33607-1460.

Such a great story, it's nice to see more people are willing to help out.

:D I e-mail thet to my sister (big w. Burton fan). She will love it.

Hey Gollum, Like I told you "A little man with a BIG heart!"

Glad to be here! Yep, I'm little Sis. And I love that Wawd Buhton
LOL. Things may start looking up for Ward with Frank calling the shots now. At least I hope so.

Glad you joined us for some fun. Pull up the keyboard, stay awhile and happy posting.:D

Welcome Nascat22.......we are a fun group here!!:) Could I talk you into a free membership to the Jimmy Spencer Fan Club? You don't have to give up Ward.......just be kind to Jimmy!!:D Talk to sgbg88.........she's Secretary Treasurer.

TRW: If it weren't for bad luck, Ward wouldn't have any luck at all! And it's been this way for years........great driver that has the rottenest luck!!:(

Well, you know, we can't have too many Ward Burton fans around here...

Nice to have some company! I was feeling a little like an endangered species!

I love Wahd too......he has attitude! Love that in a driver.

Welcome.

Thanks Guys, Yea, Ward's had more than just a little bad luck but maybe the crew chief change was what he needed. We'll just have to see how he does rest of the year. I'm glad to see another Ward fan from Tennessee.

Originally posted by TexasRaceLady
Gollum, I take nascat22 to be your sister?  :)

Welcome, nascat22.  You picked a good man to root for.
Yep that is that sister I keep sending all that Ward Burton stuff to.

Het Nascat22 welcome to the board, I am one of the ones that like to read and don't post much :p . WB should get better (I hope so) So we can stay in good terms aunty :p

Originally posted by spok4
Het Nascat22 welcome to the board, I am one of the ones that like to read and don't post much :p . WB should get better (I hope so) So we can stay in good terms aunty :p

Hey Nephew!! Ward's just had a bad year, happens to the best. Things will get better for him. I have faith in Ward and his team.

Originally posted by racer8
Welcome nascat22.
What a great thing for Ward to do.:beerchug: :beerchug: :beerchug:

Gollum had e-mailed the story to me and it made me very proud to be a Ward Burton fan. I know other drivers does great things like this and it makes you glad you're a Nascar fan. You never hear of drugs and violence in Nascar (except for Tony's temper)
LOL!! But we'll look over that. Thumbs-up to Ward and all the Nascar heros....

Ward is one of the best drivers when it comes give hes up there with Kyle

Just a short note to thank you all for your support! Dusty and Angela are my children and it was so nice of Ward to offer to help out! Hopefully next year Ward will have better luck! Yeah Daytona seems to be a jinx to everyone who wins. lol

Well thanks again

Luckydvl29...

I'm glad something like this happened to you. You sound like a great family. :)

This is just more outstanding than words!:)

If ya don't mind Lucky, can ya update us on what is happening with Dusty and Angela currently?

And if there is anything that I (or we) can do aside from our best wishes and prayers please let us know.

I WAS THERE!! I was there that night that he did that..........I got an autograph and........my dad said that he heard a lady crying and she said that story basically.Ward was very nice......you had to have a wristband around 10:00 AM and I didnt have one because I was at Kansas Speedway watching ward..............then when we got there Ward signed my hat anyways!:D :D :D :D :D

Hi Lucky, sending Angels for Dusty and Angela. Prayers to your family and to Ward.

every time i read about ward or get to see him again, i am impressed.

"I know them there cars aint that much more better than me" he said"i just couldnt get through the damn turns":D

Back
Top Bottom