For the Hunters here

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by sdj, Sep 11, 2018.

1. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Last Friday Morning I saw 8 Osceola Wild Turkey Hens across the body of water in the photo. I called them on one of my box calls and they flew over to my yard and proceeded to run the ducks off the corn LOL. They have been back every day since to feed on the corn. They roost in the oak trees in the Orange Grove that surrounds our property. Gotta love nature.

Turkeys backyard 9-7-18.jpg

2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

Thats super cool. :D

sdj likes this.
  3. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Yes it is pretty cool, sure makes my day. We also have Wood Storks, Wood Ducks (woodies), Whistler Ducks, Mallard ducks, Big Blue Heroin's, White Heroin's, Louisiana Blue heroin's, Green Heroin's, Egrets, Galinewals, Ibis', Sandhill Cranes and King Fishers.
    The picture below shows the wife feeding the Big Blue, Ibis and our good buddy "WOODY" our resident Wood Stork. Believe it or not, we feed them cut up hotdogs. o_O, yep, cut up hotdogs, go figure. It's all good. Everybody else gets cracked and or whole corn.

Feeding Woody 1.jpg

4. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Here's a photo from one of my Trail cams at the lease.:D Been seeing a lot of activity in Bucks and Does plus some pretty good long beards.

2 nICE bUCKS AND LONG BEARD 10-21-18 AT 7-39am.jpg

Johali likes this.
  5. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

Do they taste like chicken?

6. DanicaFreak

DanicaFreak Green monster

no turkey....

7. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

No, the Turkeys taste like Wild Osceola Turkey, has a lot to do with diet.

The Deer taste like Venison.

be9ak7ts16 and Johali like this.
  8. Johali

:D

sdj likes this.
  9. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Called this Osceola Gobbler in Sunday morning at 6:45 AM, 18 pounds, 8.5 inch beard, one inch spurs at 30 yards. It was a beautiful morning, got to the blind at 4:45AM, clear skies , no moon, 60 degrees no humidity (to speak of). Nothing better than hearing the woods wake up at the crack of dawn, piece of heaven for sure.

11-11-18  6-45 AM got this Osciolla 8 inch beard 1 inch spurs 18 pound.jpg

fergy1370, be9ak7ts16, Clutch and 2 others like this.
  10. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

This past weekend a friend of mine's son got his first black bear of his young hunting career. Weighed in at 220 lbs.

PA bear season lasts through Wednesday.
    [​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Johali, sdj and TexasRaceLady like this.
  11. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Good deal, what a great memory.

We have a few of those down here as well. They are very timid when they do not have cubs.and can destroy a feeder in short order when they take a notion.

Bear.jpg

Johali likes this.
  12. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

I little Florida Woods Eye Candy. :punkrocke

Buck and Birds 11-30-18.jpg

Whizzer and Johali like this.
  13. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

My brother and I went Quail Hunting on 1-26-19 at Quail Creek Plantation in Okeechobee, Fl. Beautiful location. We harvested 31 Bobwhite quail in the afternoon. Overcast and a little wet some sprinkles, but the birds flew really well. The dogs were half the fun as they always are on a quail hunt.

Quail hunt 1-26-19 Miles and Sam.jpg

Quail hunt 1-26-19 Miles and Sam-1.jpg

Clutch and Johali like this.
  14. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

For anyone here that hunts or likes wild Turkeys, the video in the attachment is just too funny, a Gobbler and his harem crossing the road, Ain't nature great.. :D

pistolshooter, Johali and LewTheShoe like this.
  15. Johali

:D:D

16. Bobw

Bobw Team Owner

17. StandOnIt

StandOnIt Farm Truck

In Texas large ranches have imported species from all over the world and they have very expensive private exotic hunts. The profits from the hunts and good management practices have actually helped the breeding populations of the rare species that were being hunted to extinction in their home country. We have a black bear season in parts of southern Oklahoma now in an area that was extinct to bears years ago. I do have no doubt that humans will eliminate all of the living species on the planet that don't benefit them sooner of later though.

18. sdj

sdj Just a race fan

Well I changed hunting leases, went from a 5400 acres lease to a 18,500 acre lease and what a beautiful piece of Florida woods it is. (Florida is not all Disney World and Miami Beach).
    I have travel over 90 miles on this lease in my side by side and have seen about 1/2 of it. It is one Oak and Cabbage hammock after another loaded with Deer, Turkey and damn hogs. Got my camper out there this week, pictures to follow. I feel fortunate to have been able to get on this lease, there are guys there that have been on this lease for over 25 years. I got the spot from a man that is in his late 80's who's health finally caught up with him, a fine gentleman he is. All the members are very conscientious about conservation and taking care of the land and game management there.

Camper at Lease 4-5-19 -2.jpg

Whizzer and Johali like this.
  19. Johali

I see that you decided on a trailer. Good choice. It should last you for many years.

Whizzer and sdj like this.