For us Senna Fans

One of the GOAT gettin r done!!!!! Turn up the volume. :punkrocke This is back when F1 sounded like F1.

Suzuka 1991... was that the second time Senna Kenseth'd Prost at Suzuka... or was that 1990? Senna was a very good driver, but it's hard to keep his many episodes of dirty driving straight in my memory.

One of the GOAT gettin r done!!!!! Turn up the volume. :punkrocke This is back when F1 sounded like F1.

Here's one from onboard at Suzuka 1989. The sound is amazing. Click the Youtube link!

I know nothing about these drivers, or which one in which car. I don't even know why I opened this thread.

With that said, in @rd45usa first post from Thursday, the outside driver turned down into the inside one.

I think the gap between Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost was closer than most people want to admit. I wouldn't even call it a gap.

I also think the most sure or absolutely real thing is the GOAT crusaders and their cause. Senna was one of the greats that we should celebrate. But I wouldnt call him or anyone else the GOAT. I think those type of statements are flawed and even foolish.

I put the original post up for the SOUND of the F1 cars back in the day, that is how they are suppose to sound. IMO
Why I posted it. 55 minutes of v10 at full song, the best sound of a racing engine.

Yeah, lots of good Chermans went to Bratzeel.

Did your gramma know any of the older fellas?

That's pretty sad, tbh.
I don’t follow F1. There are thousands of people I don't know about who participated in sports I wasn't paying attention to. Nothing to be sad about. I was just checking out the video; it looked pretty blatant fratricide to me. Which one was your guy, the victim or the bum?

I don’t follow F1. There are thousands of people I don't know about who participated in sports I wasn't paying attention to. Nothing to be sad about. I was just checking out the video; it looked pretty blatant fratricide to me. Which one was your guy, the victim or the bum?
Difficult to say whose side I would have been on in 1989 since I was born 12 years later but this was covered pretty extensively in the 2011 Senna documentary movie.
Suzuka 1989 was the penultimate race of the season and if both drivers didn't finish the race, Prost (the guy on the outside) would have been champion. To me it's pretty obvious he intentionally turned into Senna, hoping to take them both out, similar to what Michael Schumacher did to Damon Hill at Adelaide in 1994 and to Jacques Villeneuve at Jerez in 1997.

Prost was out of the race after the incident. However Senna got a push from the marshals and made it to pit lane where he got a new front wing. He dropped down the running order but eventually was able to catch and pass Alessandro Nannini for the lead.
After the race, Senna was disqualified for cutting the final chicane (while the marshals were pushing him) which gave Prost the championship and Nannini his sole win in F1.
It was alleged that FIA president Jean-Marie Balestre influenced that disqualification because he favored Prost.

Back
Top Bottom