Ford.. Mustang.. 2019.. Hell Yeah!

LewTheShoe

Seeking Skill-based Meritocracy... More HP Less DF
Ford switching to Mustang in Cup for 2019

Building off its popularity, Ford is announcing Mustang is coming to the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series - professional stock car racing's top league - for the first time, beginning at Daytona in February.

I like it!!

2019 Mustang.jpg

Gonna be a Mustang shaped nose on a Fusion greenhouse?

Still exciting.

Now Toyota needs to bring the 2019 Supra :D

The new Camry is badass, I know someone who straight-piped their XSE V6... Man, it was incredible how good it sounded. If, I had a family and I wanted something, the Camry would probably be number one on the list.

The new Camry is badass, I know someone who straight-piped their XSE V6... Man, it was incredible how good it sounded. If, I had a family and I wanted something, the Camry would probably be number one on the list.
I think the exterior design is sharp but interior needs an update, of the ones Ive sat in.

Outside says sport, inside says grocery grabber.

I like what I can see of it and probably like what I can't see. Now, if they can just get some good drivers.
I think Ford has a pretty good line up of drivers. Maybe RFR could change one, Bayne isn't doing as well as the #17. SHR improved their team a little in the #10. the #21 needs the sponsor so they have no option.

The dual announcements are reassuring, IMO, after a string of worrisome Ford news. First, the Ford CEO is ousted in favor of a guy with a reputation as a cost cutter. Then Raj Nair, a great supporter and friend of motor racing, gets promoted to other responsibilities. Then Dave Pericak, another great friend, gets promoted away. Then Nair gets fired over harassment issues.

The new factory-supported Australian Supercars program is a reversal of Ford's pullout a few years back. And the new Nascar Cup car getting the spiffy Mustang profile is exciting, but it is an expensive undertaking. These two announcements together seem to offer some reassurance that Ford's commitment to Ford Performance and racing activities continues unabated under the new executive regime. I'm very glad to see that!

I think Ford has a pretty good line up of drivers. Maybe RFR could change one, Bayne isn't doing as well as the #17. SHR improved their team a little in the #10. the #21 needs the sponsor so they have no option.

Yeah exactly besides Bayne I really wouldn't replace anybody and I think they have anywhere from a legitimate 6-9 guys who could make the playoffs

compared to a 4 door Toyota Camry? nah, I'm sure it won't be much of a problem
The Camry Cup car doesn't look too far off from the street version.

The Mustang Cup car is gonna have to have a notchback trunk section, which the street car doesn't have. That's why I have my doubts about how closely they can make it resemble the street version.

The Camry Cup car doesn't look too far off from the street version.

The Mustang Cup car is gonna have to have a notchback trunk section, which the street car doesn't have. That's why I have my doubts about how closely they can make it resemble the street version.
It won't, the Camaro cup doesn't look like the street car, none of them will look like the street car unless Nascar races V8 Supercars.

It won't, the Camaro cup doesn't look like the street car, none of them will look like the street car unless Nascar races V8 Supercars.
I think the Cup Camaro looks pretty good, the main difference I see between it and the street version is that the Cup car doesn't have the smushed roof/mail-slot windows that the real Camaro has. Plus, you can see pretty easily it's just an SS with a new nose and partially corked-up quarter windows.

I think the Cup Camaro looks pretty good, the main difference I see between it and the street version is that the Cup car doesn't have the smushed roof/mail-slot windows that the real Camaro has. Plus, you can see pretty easily it's just an SS with a new nose and partially corked-up quarter windows.
f7FdEdG.jpg

It's just the nose...that's it and that's marginal.

Now if only Toyoda could be persuaded to switch to the supra.... But really, if NASCAR can commit to Coupe's in the cup series, then that bodes well for the Gen 7 being more aligned with those body styles. Then we'll have less issues like with the Camaro styling and probably the new mustang being way off. Gotta think big picture.

Ima Nissan guy and I am even considering the Camry, its looks badass on the exterior for sure, love it.

Back
Top Bottom