Ford New Body for 2019

I wonder what is different with the bodies. I thought the idea for a common template was to remove any aero advantage. If there is any difference, one of them will be faster.

I can guarantee you Ford Motor Company will be running the Mustang in 2019 in NASCAR. Historically the relationship between GM and Ford has been very consistent Ford will not let the Camaro run without the Mustang.

Has to be the Mustang and by 2020 Dodge returns with the Charger. I can’t see Toyota going to an 86 it’s just not common enough to the average car buyer they’ll probably just sporty up the Camry

Last edited:
Has to be the Mustang and by 2020 Dodge returns with the Charger. I can’t see Toyota going to an 86 it’s just not common enough to the average car buyer they’ll probably just sporty up the Camry
Or there is always the Supra , that would be more ideal than the 86.

They are bringing back the Supra, but it’s sticker price will be around $60,000 and it’s a BMW engine
Yes, I know, but neither of those things really matter on the NASCAR side.;)

Right. Win on Sunday, buy on Monday doesn’t exist anymore and they can use the Supra body and be fine
Its no different than what they currently do now, you cant walk into a Ford dealership and order a Fusion that is RWD and has a 800hp V8 .:laugh:

The new Supra is more closely suited to compete with the Mustang and Camaro ( not directly but close) so it makes sense to bring that over to the NASCAR side, I mean, if Ford does switch to the Mustang for 19, its gonna be kind of odd to have the Camry in series that would be running pony cars, its been stated that Dodge will use the Challenge if Ford goes to the Mustang.

It sounds like the 86 is getting close to its EOL status ,so I just dont see it, I would be ecstatic, I love 86 and wish I had one in my driveway.

The Mustang decals are in the wind tunnel and the exhaust decals are being tested for adhesion durability beside the dyno as I type.
:XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL::XXROFL:

Joey Logano turned laps at the charlotte roval in the mustang gt4

gallery-1478018357-mustang-gt4-ford-performance-2.jpg

The Mustang decals are in the wind tunnel and the exhaust decals are being tested for adhesion durability beside the dyno as I type.

You act like this is the gen 5 car, this stuff gets so old. At least the manufacturers have different front clips than each other.

I'd be very excited for this car, the Camaro, and supposedly the Charger, if these cars had more than just the nose to differentite them. Hopefully with the new car the racing gets better, but I'm skeptical.

Jack Roush has said this is where the speed difference lies with
Toyota and everyone else, especially Ford, is in the aero.
I guess Ford will twiddle their thumbs this year while Chevy see's
if they can make gains on Toyota.

Or better them.

Jack has been crying about aerodynamic disadvantages for 2 decades.

Either put up or shut up.

Out of curiosity, since Chevy is running the Camaro, and perhaps in the future Ford is running the Mustang, why wouldn't Dodge run the Challenger? Since it's in the same two door pony car family. Ideas?

Out of curiosity, since Chevy is running the Camaro, and perhaps in the future Ford is running the Mustang, why wouldn't Dodge run the Challenger? Since it's in the same two door pony car family. Ideas?
I love it !
2019 - For runs the Mustang in Cup
2020 Dodge returns and runs the Challenger in Cup and the Charger in Xfinity

I love it !
2019 - For runs the Mustang in Cup
2020 Dodge returns and runs the Challenger in Cup and the Charger in Xfinity
:laugh: there are already the bodies for the Challenger in the X Series, I dont see that happening , same model both series.

At this current moment in time this is just a rumor , but FCA is waiting to see what Ford does, if they switch to the Mustang they would run the Challenger, if they dont, then it will be the Charger. Of course take that with a grain of salt.

Was Fiat involved with Chrysler in 2012? Can't recall the year they got involved.
They took over the last year. Brad won the championship but Penske had to sign with Ford
because Fiat would not give him a long term contract.
In other words Fiat already has a Championship.

Was Fiat involved with Chrysler in 2012? Can't recall the year they got involved.
2009 is when Fiat and US/Canadian governments became the principal owners according to the internet.

please please please be the mustang that would be so bad ass

Not with the current greenhouse the cars have. Sorry, but I think it would look really dumb if they try to squeeze a Ford mustang into the current common template. I already think the Cup Camaro looks really bad compared to the street model.

Back
Top Bottom