Ford Performance

Fordracing7

2018 Pick em Champion
I just want to say I'm happy to see Ford's strength to start out the season.

2 is in top Form with 2 wins & 5 top 5's
22 is solid not as strong as Brad
21 has been fast every week 3 top 10's
14 has been the best SHR car 3 top 10's
4 has struggled but still collected points

The above 5 are currently top 10 in points
Kurt Busch has struggled after the 500
Bayne and Ricky have been strong consistently running 10-15 with multiple top tens and showed solid speed.

Right now Ford would have 7 cars in the playoffs and 9 total in the top 20 in points.

If you are Ford fan like me you would understand how all of these accomplishments are meaningful to start the year.

It will be interesting to see SHR when they finally switch to their own chassis'.

The 4 hasn't run a new car all year, wonder why

It will be interesting to see SHR when they finally switch to their own chassis'.

This new chassis deal will be a really good thing or and that's a good thing either way it's pretty scary. The 4 car has been very hit-or-miss at Daytona and Atlanta arguably had the best cars and at California I think that car had a lot of speed until It got wrecked, but Vegas Phoenix and Martinsville have been very subpar for him.

Bayne and Ricky have been strong consistently running 10-15 with multiple top tens and showed solid speed.

Right now Ford would have 7 cars in the playoffs and 9 total in the top 20 in points.

If you are Ford fan like me you would understand how all of these accomplishments are meaningful to start the year.

I am not a driver or manufacturer fan but for those that are Fords fans I can certainly understand how you would be happy with the wins so far. I don't pay attention to points or know what they mean long term so I will defer to you.

How do you know they're not running their own chassis now?

If only Roush would return to its former glory then the Ford story would be complete. The Woods Brothers are almost back to the Pearson days greatness.

Bowyer is showing promise also and that 14 car was a back marker for a few years.

How do you know they're not running their own chassis now?
I should have stated that differently - they have not run any new chassis built in the off season. The 4 ran a car from 2014 this past weekend.

I should have stated that differently - they have not run any new chassis built in the off season. The 4 ran a car from 2014 this past weekend.

I will say this, the gasman from the 4 team posted on AR15.com towards the end of the season that they were running SHR chassis. With that said, I can't understand why they're still running HMS stuff now.

I will say this, the gasman from the 4 team posted on AR15.com towards the end of the season that they were running SHR chassis. With that said, I can't understand why they're still running HMS stuff now.
Because they have a huge inventory of cars?

Some times they build a car that is fantastic at certain tracks and they just save it. Rusty Wallace had cars he only drove once a year for about 5 years.

If only Roush would return to its former glory then the Ford story would be complete. The Woods Brothers are almost back to the Pearson days greatness.
There would be nothing I would enjoy better than to see Roush a threat to win each week and to see The Wood Brothers back to their old glory..... they deserve it for hanging in since 1955..... no one else has come close.... but....... I am so thankful Penske came in..... they have singlehandedly carried the FoMoCo banner..... I am hoping having SHR come aboard will help......

Good luck today Ford Performance I feel very confident with the program right now!!!!

So, why is Ford doing better this season. Only so many variables...drivers, engines, chassis.

So, why is Ford doing better this season. Only so many variables...drivers, engines, chassis.

They all say they have been putting in a ton of R & D and work in back at the shops. HP seems to be as good as ever and they seem to be working together and communicating better across the board.

Jack Roush — a long-time member of the Ford fraternity — has seen a renewed spirit of cooperation among the Blue Oval teams.

“Ford has got a technical center that applies cement on the teams,” Roush said. “Of course their management group spends time moving from team to team reminding us that it's one Ford and that we should be ‑‑ look at our other Ford teammates as being closer to us than the rest of the field, and it's easier for me to do that because I've been a Ford guy since 1964. But you know, for the people that have come more recently, it's probably a little harder sell sometimes.

“We've got a lot of speed with our Fords, and the Ford technical group I think is the top of their game right now, and we've got good fast cars and good fast engines, and it's a matter of us to execute correctly on the racetrack, keep it on the black stuff, and get our share of victories.”

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cup/news/strong-team-effort-leading-to-ford-s-resurgence-906894/

IMO....Dave Pericak. Period. He very much came in, and said, "Ford will suck no longer.".....and now they don't. Brilliant leadership. Great story. Makes NASCAR more fun to have manufacturers on board and giving it their all.

Understanding that there are those who get pissed when I bring everything back to to Toyota (watch me not care).....As a Toyota fan I wonder sometimes if it's that Toyota is struggling, or is this about Ford getting better. What I mean is...If you turn the clock back a year when Ford sucked and Chevy was so-so, Toyota was sound, and taking wins. I wonder if Ford is getting those wins now because they are the equal of if not a bit better than Toyota? If Ford didn't improve Toyota would be taking those wins because Chevy has not progressed IMO.

@Revman - Were you a NASCAR fan prior to Toyota' existence? If so, of who? And do you drive a Toyota? Was just wondering what made you such a Toyota guy or when that started. You've probably told the story a hundred times on here and I've managed to miss it, so my apologies in advance if you're repeating yourself lol.

Not a Ford fan at all but they have stepped up their game this year. Teams are definitely getting more from the manufacturer and all the teams seem to work together strategy wise which has helped them as well. I dont think Toyota is struggling either, just more competition this year than in years past. I dont like seeing them in victory lane but a strong Ford is good for NASCAR.

@Revman - Were you a NASCAR fan prior to Toyota' existence? If so, of who? And do you drive a Toyota? Was just wondering what made you such a Toyota guy or when that started. You've probably told the story a hundred times on here and I've managed to miss it, so my apologies in advance if you're repeating yourself lol.
I would like to know the same thing...... I appreciate Revman being so loyal to Toyota......

I would like to know the same thing...... I appreciate Revman being so loyal to Toyota......

Really appreciate you asking/wondering guys....

Basically, here's the story.....Working my way through college, all I ever really wanted was to be able to buy a new car. I know. Simple minded. Not a huge house, etc. Just wanted a new car. So upon getting my first job, I shopped. Didn't ever think I could afford a Toyota, but walked onto the lot and test drove a '90 Tercel. Salesman made it work. Since that day, I have never even walked onto another manufacturer lot. I have driven Toyotas all of my life. Nothing else. Haven't even looked at anything else. I was so proud of that damn Tercel, that I had to pull over after a block because I was bawling like a little baby. Part of my passion for the brand naturally extended into racing. Toyota was essentially in the IMSA GTP with the Mark III at the time (which won everything). I followed that series as closely as one could at that time. From that point forward, I have poured myself into every Toyota racing endeavor which naturally leads to my passion for TRD. There have been rough times--CART....F1....early NASCAR, but those struggles only strengthened my passion. As I have grown up, my loyalty to Toyota/TRD has a lot to do with their people--this organization is filled with some of the kindest people. Honestly, when Toyota announced that they were coming to NASCAR, I winced. I didn't think that they belonged here, but the grace, dignity, and class with which they entered amazed me--this really strengthened my passion, and explains why I live and die each and every weekend pulling for my Toyotas in NASCAR. It is important to note that I had been a NASCAR fan prior to Toyota's entry, but nothing to the extent I am now. As for the Kyle Busch fandom.....he's the winningest Toyota NASCAR driver of all time--the face of Toyota. I admire the relationship he has with TRD and Toyota. Never want to see him in anything else.

There are more bits and pieces that I won't bore you with, but that's pretty much the story. Again, very kind of you both to inquire, and happy to tell the story. Toyota and TRD bring much happiness to my life.

BTW--I am really enjoying Toyota's entry into WRC this year--the more series my brand is in, the busier I get!

41 ran a lot better at Kansas but got caught up in a late race accident with the 48 and dropped back through the field. They've struggled since Daytona but I think they'll get it fixed through the summer.

Back
Top Bottom