Former Buffalo BILL Jim Kelly to be a car owner

A

Awesome_Bill

Looks like one of the Bills Best players ever may decide to be a WC or BGN car owner.

Kelly looking to field or get involved with a team: Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly, who waved the green flag for yesterday's race, said he's interested in becoming involved in a BGN or Winston Cup team [also mentioned ARCA on TV] in the next year. Kelly started talking with a potential sponsor this weekend. "It's a matter of getting the right people behind it," said Kelly, who also served as the honorary starter for the 1992 Daytona 500.(Richmond Times Disptach) AND Kelly admitted he has entertained thoughts of involving himself in racing in some capacity in the future. “I met with some people (Saturday) and I will continue to meet with some people today about hopefully getting into some part of racing next year,” Kelly said. “Maybe either the Busch Series, or hopefully in the future into Winston Cup. It’s just a matter of getting the right people behind us and talk with them then. I know as well as anybody that it has to be a win-win for everybody or it doesn’t make sense,” Kelly said. “Ever since 9-11, it’s a lot harder for sponsorship, but the bottom line is making sure it’s win-win for everybody. One way or another, I’m still going to tune in every weekend to watch it and I will make my trips to tracks to watch it.” These days, aside from keeping up with the Bills and racing, Kelly keeps himself busy with Hunter’s Hope, the foundation he set up to find a cure for Krabbe’s Disease, an affliction that has stricken his five-year-old son. “We set up the Hunter’s Hope foundation so that kids all over the world do not suffer the way my son does,” Kelly said. “My son’s on oxygen 24 hours a day and he eats through a machine, but he’s the toughest little boy I’ve ever met in my life.”(The Leader)(8-12-2002)

Back
Top Bottom