Formula 1 2009 trailer

F

foehammer111

There's a trailer out showing the first in-game footage of Formula 1 2009 for the Wii and PSP. Both versions of the game are due to be released in Q4 2009. However, there will be no Xbox 360, PS3, or PC Formula 1 game until sometime in 2010.

Formula 1 2009 is being made my Codemasters. They're best known as the makers of the Race Driver and Colin McRae Dirt series.

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-09-formula-1/54518

could be interesting. One would think codemasters would be doing all the platforms at once though...GRID is avaliable for most platforms...

could be interesting. One would think codemasters would be doing all the platforms at once though...GRID is avaliable for most platforms...

Yeah, I'm not sure why they did that either. The only thing I can think of is they might be building a new game engine from the ground up.

Although last time there was news about it, Codemasters said they were going to be using the EGO engine that was used in DIRT and GRID. This same engine was also licensed to Sony to use in the last official F1 game: "Formula 1: Championship Edition" on the PS3. Of course, they might have to modify the engine a lot to make it into the sim-racer they say the 360/PS3/PC game will be.

Time will tell. I'm glad Codemasters got the license, though. They're the best all-around racing game makers out there IMHO.

Yeah, I'm not sure why they did that either. The only thing I can think of is they might be building a new game engine from the ground up.

Although last time there was news about it, Codemasters said they were going to be using the EGO engine that was used in DIRT and GRID. This same engine was also licensed to Sony to use in the last official F1 game: "Formula 1: Championship Edition" on the PS3. Of course, they might have to modify the engine a lot to make it into the sim-racer they say the 360/PS3/PC game will be.

Time will tell. I'm glad Codemasters got the license, though. They're the best all-around racing game makers out there IMHO.
anybody but EA. I like my simbin/10tacle games as well, granted they don't do multi core optimization well..

anybody but EA. I like my simbin/10tacle games as well, granted they don't do multi core optimization well..

Agreed about EA Sports. I don't think they make a good anything. All their sports games are just cheap cash-ins instead of the fan service they should be.

I never played any of the Simbin games until Race Pro on the 360. Having been introduced to games like Forza and Gran Turismo prior to playing this, I was disappointed. It did have some stuff going for it. Some rare tracks like Pau and Macau were nice, but it just didn't offer enough that was new, or had been done better on the consoles.

Back
Top Bottom