Formula One Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps

A

ajk112802

Race is sunday morning at 7:30am EDT on SPEED. If you've never seen a race from Spa-Francorchamps, it's worth getting up for!

That's what DVR's are for.

I've never gotten up early for an F1 race. They just aren't that exciting to me. Especially this season where it seems more often than normal, the pole-sitter leads all laps to win the race.

But Spa is an excellent track. Second behind Monaco on the schedule if you ask me. I especially like the downhill run from turn 2, up to the highspeed, uphill Eau Rouge.

I'm playing GRID right now on this track, and it's amazing the speed you carry uphill through this blind series of turns.

This was a good race, and is turning out to be a great season. Early on it looked like Button was going to just win everything, and he's struggling now to even scroe a point. And now we've even had 6 different winers in the last six races! Whooda thunk?

The overall points championship this season is improving, but the racing is as bad as it's ever been.

It's so boring to watch the top three drivers on the starting grid be the same drivers on the podium. On top of that lead changes happen on pitstops instead of on the track. If there's any lead changes at all.

FIA really needs to do something to make these races more interesting. Hopefully the ban on refueling will help next year, but I think they need to do more. Granted, the nature of road courses will always spread the field out, but this happens way too quickly in F1.

They need to do something that will bring fans back to the sport. Even some of the best races on the schedule are seeing record low attendance. Some news outlets estimate the crowd at Spa to be as low as 25,000. The Hungarian GP only had 11,000 fans, and the races in Asia haven't been much better.

Back
Top Bottom