Formula One Race #1 - Australian Grand Prix Thread

Anyone else excited for the opening race tonight?

Race is going to be live tonight on Speed at 1:30am. I'm going to start watching the race but I'll probably end up DVRing most of it and finishing it in the morning before the Bristol Cup race starts.

Here is the starting lineup...

Pos No Driver Team
1 4 Lewis Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
2 3 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes
3 10 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault
4 7 Michael Schumacher Mercedes
5 2 Mark Webber Red Bull Racing-Renault
6 1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault
7 8 Nico Rosberg Mercedes
8 18 Pastor Maldonado Williams-Renault
9 12 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes
10 16 Daniel Ricciardo STR-Ferrari
11 17 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Ferrari
12 5 Fernando Alonso Ferrari
13 14 Kamui Kobayashi Sauber-Ferrari
14 19 Bruno Senna Williams-Renault
15 11 Paul di Resta Force India-Mercedes
16 6 Felipe Massa Ferrari
17 15 Sergio Perez Sauber-Ferrari
18 9 Kimi Räikkönen Lotus-Renault
19 20 Heikki Kovalainen Caterham-Renault
20 21 Vitaly Petrov Caterham-Renault
21 24 Timo Glock Marussia-Cosworth
22 25 Charles Pic Marussia-Cosworth
DNQ 22 Pedro de la Rosa HRT-Cosworth
DNQ 23 Narain Karthikeyan HRT-Cosworth

Looking forward to seeing this. I would love to see Schumi win but I don't see anyone beating McLaren.
Also wondering if Ferrari's race pace is as slow as it's qualifying pace. And how will. Vettel and Webber will respond to no longer having superior equipment.

Looking forward to seeing this. I would love to see Schumi win but I don't see anyone beating McLaren.
Also wondering if Ferrari's race pace is as slow as it's qualifying pace. And how will. Vettel and Webber will respond to no longer having superior equipment.

I'd like to see him run up front a few times this year as well. I've still been wanting for the day we get a guy running from the USA over there so I can have a driver to root for. I've enjoyed watching Vettel and I wouldn't mind seeing him and Red Bull continue to dominate but as long as Hamilton doesn't win I'll be happy. I was never a big fan of his but his woe is me, I'm so sad nonsense last year was a complete joke.

I think Button is a better driver than Lewis. I hope the McLaren team does well was kinda sick of Vetel winnin all the time made F1 boring. Wonder when F1 will get a female driver to race in the series.

Also wondering if Ferrari's race pace is as slow as it's qualifying pace.

Well if not, it won't be a whole lot faster. Everyone knew they were behind the 8 ball to start the season, but I don't know if they expected this.

On the flip side, Romain Grosjean has turned some heads. Consensus is that he's for real.

Also worth noting, the Mercedes team has come out strong, and ruffled some feathers with their pseudo DRS f-duct. It's all good this weekend, but I doubt we've heard the end of it from the FIA.

I was just reading Ferrari's post qual quotes and it sounds like they are suffering from a pretty severe lack of downforce. They also said it will be the same for Malaysia.

How does a team like Ferrari fall and stay so far behind?

I was just reading Ferrari's post qual quotes and it sounds like they are suffering from a pretty severe lack of downforce. They also said it will be the same for Malaysia.

No idea, I'm not sure if they lost key engineers or what but I'm really curious to see how they do tonight.

Well if not, it won't be a whole lot faster. Everyone knew they were behind the 8 ball to start the season, but I don't know if they expected this.

On the flip side, Romain Grosjean has turned some heads. Consensus is that he's for real.

Also worth noting, the Mercedes team has come out strong, and ruffled some feathers with their pseudo DRS f-duct. It's all good this weekend, but I doubt we've heard the end of it from the FIA.

Grosjean was awesome in GP2 last year, I really enjoyed watching him in those races. I'm hoping he can keep it up in F1.

It was a fun race. Vettell had to actually battle back towards the front, which is something we haven't been use to seeing lately. Massa is on very thin ice with Ferrari, if he doesn't get his act together then he's going to be looking for a new ride.

Hamilton is still doing his pouting after races, that guy just bugs the hell out of me.

Congrats to Button though, his car was awesome and he deserved the win.

They lost some key people I think. Merc is looking for advantages and was being accused of spending more money than the verbal agreement between the biggest teams. I think it was called FOTA.

Anyhow, to answer your question....

Ferrari was reported to have some bad software in their windtunnel. The tunnel that runs around the clock and damn near the whole year.

They said they got it fixed, but I think not.

Plus they had all kinds of hydraulic problems during testing. Their lead engineer is going to get the kaibosh here soon.

There is no reason for them not to be faster. They have so much money to spend and have so much to loose.

Back
Top Bottom